Stray Fawn Community

Add accuracy mods to lasers and have them decrease the spread on multi-beam mods

Fireheart318

6 replies to this post

I like it . . . but I'm not 100% sold on upgrades that only have an effect with other upgrades.  In effect you're only getting one effect, (It's still just split lasers,) but spending two upgrades for it.

Maybe each upgrade could have a “mod slot”. Basically, all upgrades would be slightly nerfed from what they are at now, except there would be “upgrade mods” as well, so that overall the weapons could be equally as powerful and far more customizable. Each upgrade could have 1 mod attached. There would be some basic mods such as “plus 10% effect” and “minus 10% effect” (also available in 5% variants, which are purchased first), and there would be some more specific mods such as the laser spread one. (The plus/minus effect mods would amplify whatever effect the upgrade that the mod is attached to changes)

I’m not sure how the mods would work with things that only work in multiples of 100%, such as bullet count. They would probably be incompatible with them, or maybe they are just rounded up, but that would make a +100% upgrade with a +5% mod be equal to a +200% upgrade, which would be broken.

• Like 1

Well, for one thing, it wouldn't bring as much concern of collateral damage.  I can't use multi-beams for most of my harvesters, because they're too scattershot and end up eating ore instead of terrain.

I mean the damage is there with or without the accuracy.