Stray Fawn Community

One Way Logic Splitter

Garheardt the Black

Hi! I suggest a logic splitter that:

-only allows signals to flow in one direction.

This would allow:

-Bulk production and command of identical parts that can react to the environment without confusing one another.

-Significantly reduced time spent programming individual parts.  

Thanks! Love the game!

• Like 1

12 replies to this post

How about localizing logic so that a disconnected part doesn't need a splitter to act independently? 

Along with permitting signals to cross a wireless part, that would accomplish what's needed here without complicating the roster of parts with similar-but-different splitters. It would keep subdrones manufactured by a factory from crosstalking, but a wireless part to trigger logic on the subdrone, letting certain signals still be effective in controlling them. 

If you can separate the turret from central control, you can put the logic opposite a splitter, and the duplicated parts won't crosstalk. 

The wireless part might provide control beyond a splitter, but right not it also acts as a splitter. Here's another request of mine, so that it transmits its own signals only to child parts, but child parts can transmit signals to its parents: 

Aye, good thoughts. I wanted autonomous turrets that I could still give commands to, like when to actively seek targets and later to cease and retract. I was able to get a prototype working, but had to program the individual parts one at a time. 

Because who wouldn't want a battleship with functional gun ports armed with retractable autonomous guns?

With the second suggestion, you could split them off, use a wireless part to transmit a signal to that part's one child,  a switch, and that switch could serve as a control switch to put each turret into an active or sleep mode. 

Right now it's just a lot of logic and tag suffixes or prefixes. 

Hard to say without seeing it. In any case it can't work now- if the whole turret is a child of the wireless part, then you accomplish nothing.  If only the control logic is achild of wireless, it can't talk to what it's supposed to control. 

Right now you can isolate splitter children, without isolating the wireless block's children, but you can mostly do that with creative hierarchies of connections, too.

The changes I want would make both parts more versatile, but not more limited in any way, I don't think. 

On 11/8/2018 at 5:49 AM, Lurkily said:

How about localizing logic so that a disconnected part doesn't need a splitter to act independently? 

Along with permitting signals to cross a wireless part, that would accomplish what's needed here without complicating the roster of parts with similar-but-different splitters. It would keep subdrones manufactured by a factory from crosstalking, but a wireless part to trigger logic on the subdrone, letting certain signals still be effective in controlling them. 

This is what Id prefer, might as well give us more reasons to use wireless receivers for things we separate that we still want to communicate with.