Stray Fawn Community

Creatures released have chance of traveling to other players.

TamTroll

so with my only other idea being the ability to separate genes by the sex of the creatutre  i suppose i shouldmake another one now before this thing closes in a couple of days.

So i watch a few youtubers play this game, and i have some pretty awesome creatures myself that i think would be neat to potentually see in their videos. Soo...

What if, when you banish a creature from your tribe, there was a chance that it would leave your game altogether and travel to someone else's? Maybe something like when the creature leaves your line of sight the first time, it has a 10% chance of being copied, deleted from your game, and saved into some kind of central cloud (or even a folder on your own PC). Then whenever a wandering random creature is about to show up in someone else's game (Maybe you need to provide them with a code that they can store in a game file, or maybe it transfers via internet, idk) there's a small maybe 1% chance that it could be your creature.

this could also allow partial transfer of genes between save files. say i have a breed of saber-fanged creatures in one save, but i'm just starting out in another. if i banish some creatures from my first game, and maybe put a code into the file of my next game, there could be a chance that i encounter my own creature, allowing me to bring those genes into this new world.

i just think the ability to trade or exchange creatures somehow would be neat. Back in the days of "Creatures 3" and docking station, you could send creatures off through a wormhole and they'd show up in someone else's game.

some small thoughts in relation to this:

Creatures from another player could have a unique gem colour to show they are from a player.

Home-player's steam name could be listed somewhere maybe.

It's probably too much work / effort; But getting a notification somewhere that your creature was found in someone else's world would be neat.

If your creature dies without having been invited into the other player's tribe, it goes back online to search for a new player.

Just don't pull a Pokemon and make it so we can't re-name creatures from other players. Dat's bad >: P