Stray Fawn Community

Game changing my rocket inputs... randomly?

unmog

After the first couple times it was just annoying. But it just happened again so I figured Id say something about it here. Happens when your in drone build mode and go to testing a few times, I was adding some rockets and then some of my turning rockets changed to work with W. Not sure why it happens but I think it has something to do with the game auto deciding what rockets activate key will be.

I could not replicate this behaviour. I do not remember any of my thrusters changing settings ever, and the few times I have found myself with messed up controls were due to my changing or replacing things without updating input keys.

Have you perhaps cancelled actions (Ctrl + Z), moved parts around, placed new thrusters...? I cannot think of anything else.

I've never had inputs changed.  Are you positive they weren't always set to 'W', and it didn't take you a couple test runs to really get maneuvering and notice the problem?  I've missed thruster problems before while absorbed with weapons testing, or whatnot.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:20 AM, Ookami-sama said:

Have you perhaps cancelled actions (Ctrl + Z), moved parts around, placed new thrusters...? I cannot think of anything else.

I could have did a ctrl z, tho honestly I dont remember what I could have done.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:01 AM, Lurkily said:

I've never had inputs changed.  Are you positive they weren't always set to 'W', and it didn't take you a couple test runs to really get maneuvering and notice the problem?  I've missed thruster problems before while absorbed with weapons testing, or whatnot.

Nope Im posititve. Like Id be changing things [not the thrusters] and not adding new ones, and when Id go to test holding W would turn me left or right somewhat since some of my turning thrusters changed to W. Its hard to replicate it tho when Im not sure what caused it... but I do a lot of tinkering in test mode going ocd about a lot of things to see how it works. Maybe Im using test mode too much before quitting and saving. I usually dont change anything for awhile, and then I spend hours tinkering.

I do the same, but never seen this.  Thing is, I don't always need to maneuver in test mode.  I've overlooked thrusters for a solid hour going in and out of testing. 

Hope you figure it out, but I've never heard of it happening before, so it might have been a one-off.

• 2 weeks later...

AHAH! I FOUND IT!

Sometimes, when copying thrusters, they are assigned an input key that overrides their former settings. This drone here has all thrusters set to A, yet copying one of them and placing it above the large basic block defaulted its key to D.

Nimbatus_Screenshot_201811251715503067.png.7260e57265039ac8891ceadaa3e59cdd.png

Whew. That was not an easy one.

• 3 months later...

I think I can explain this!  I've noticed this and narrowed down when it happened.

Nimbatus auto-assigns A/D/W to engines, guessing from where they're placed.  If you copy-paste an auto-assigned engine, Nimbatus may assign it something else.

If you ever change an engine's assignment, though, even to A/D again, Nimbatus will remember and keep it when pasted.

So I think you had auto-assigned engines mixed up with your customs.  When you pasted, the autos changed and the customs didn't.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, corona_wind said:

I think I can explain this!  I've noticed this and narrowed down when it happened.

Nimbatus auto-assigns A/D/W to engines, guessing from where they're placed.  If you copy-paste an auto-assigned engine, Nimbatus may assign it something else.

If you ever change an engine's assignment, though, even to A/D again, Nimbatus will remember and keep it when pasted.

So I think you had auto-assigned engines mixed up with your customs.  When you pasted, the autos changed and the customs didn't.

That's what I thought as well but from Ookami-sama's picture I don't think that was the case here otherwise half would've been a and half d but they said all were A apart from the single thruster.