Stray Fawn Community

What new drone pieces do you want most?

ManTheMister

I think the Altimeter should be reworked into a proximity sensor; but I agree that a rangefinder type item is important. 

I'd like every part to be trackable, but trackers work too, and the devs have been talking trackers, so, trackers.

Beyond that, I don't need parts so much; more sensor criteria, and local logic/wireless blocks not splitting signals ranks higher on my to-do list.  But piston parts.  Even just a spring with an input-adjustable length would do.

• Like 1

Rather than listing parts with active discussions in the parts tab, I'll toss a shoutout at a part that more accurately detects proximity. The current distance sensor is either in a zero state or a one. It either detects or it doesn't. I'd love to have a bunch of settings that allow me to send different signals from a distance sensor depending on the range of what it detects. While it's possible to create a similar effect by using a large number of sensors, having to cluster ten or more sensors seems more tedious than practical. A more sophisticated version would allow for more responsive drones. 

Also, a distance sensor that can be configured to act as a range finder would allow for the creation of radar capable of capturing enough real-time information to math-hammer a remote targeting device capable of accurately directing automated weapon fire, which is probably one of the cooler ways to end up on a government watch list.   

• Like 1

Agreed with Garheardt. I'd like to see all sensors have multiple ranges available. 

Micah has mentioned publicly begging able to, instead of specifying the size of two ranges on a directional sensor, being able to add a range of a specified width.  That would mean we'd be able to have limitless ranges and tolerances on one sensor. 

Granting that to every sensor would be a huge advantage in a drone's self - awareness. 

As mentioned above, I would also like the altimeter worked into a rangefinder, using absolute instead of proportional units of measure.