Stray Fawn Community

Mutations

Paracosmic

I have this bad habit of starting a run and then never finishing because I can never decide exactly how to pick mutations. Right now I’m leaning toward each clan in a tribe (defined by the number of permanent nests) having a different pair of mutations, but I’m still not sure. Complete randomization can give really cool and unexpected results, too. 

How do you guys go about setting your Nichelings’ mutations? Do you pick randomly? Do you pick them with the intent to breed out a given trait? Do you just pick what you like? Or is the caffeine in my tea just making me overthink it all?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Do you mean the one that one that was made on Scratch? Because I didn't make it, somebody else did. This is my account.. where I follow tutorials and made my  Virtual Flying Hippo That Eats Butterflies Pet. xD 

I love how your description is "I LOVE NICHE WHOO BEST GAME EVER"

Typing this on a Wii U is super annoying. I love it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paracosmic said:

I have this bad habit of starting a run and then never finishing because I can never decide exactly how to pick mutations. Right now I’m leaning toward each clan in a tribe (defined by the number of permanent nests) having a different pair of mutations, but I’m still not sure. Complete randomization can give really cool and unexpected results, too. 

How do you guys go about setting your Nichelings’ mutations? Do you pick randomly? Do you pick them with the intent to breed out a given trait? Do you just pick what you like? Or is the caffeine in my tea just making me overthink it all?

I think it's the caffeine... though I do admit that I care too much about looks sometimes, when it has gotten to point they look too alike or a certain visual has been going strong for too many generations. 

Clans within a tribe are messy. I've felt something like that, though propably because having 40+ nichelings was boring and ruined gameplay. Gone was another save... 

Other people love having 50+ tribes. You never know.  One isn't better than the other, it's just preference. 

Two Clans are enough for story purposes in my book.  Usually one by the water/one by the grasslands/swamp, so that question doesn't come up as much.

• Like 1