Stray Fawn Community

Challenge setups

TheCrazyDragonLady

I have seen a few posts suggesting an option to set a challenge to the game in the customisation area of the sandbox update. Perhaps, extending on this idea. there could also be the rolplay challenges you find on steam. After you select one, it would auto set the nichlings to be a good starting pair for that specific challenge, or configure the island for it. For example, if you chose to do the whims of fate challenge it would ask which rules you would like to apply, and they would be configured for it. One of the rules in whims of fate is that if your wanting to set mutations for 2 nichlings your planning to breed, you get to pick one and randomize the second. In this case, if you were to check mark that rule, it would apply it and it would auto-choose the next gene, Etc,Etc

• Like 1

4 replies to this post

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

I’m backing Jojo here. Seems like a pretty cool idea but... how would it work? Would it be like the Steam Workshop where you could download “challenge mods” to the game or?

But, then again, I think this should be seen in a future update. Upvoted

Im not really sure. In my head I was think of how next to the challenges there would be a tab saying 'Roleplay challenges' or something along the lines of that. When you click it there would be a list of challenges, and they would be the top 3-5 most popular challenges. Thinking about it now though it WOULD probably be easier to implement using mods...