Stray Fawn Community

What is the worst/funniest injury you have ever gotten?

TheCrazyDragonLady

One day when I was in jym class we were playing dogeball. I was trying to catch one of the dogeballs, since if you do the person who threw it is then out, and instead of catching it, it hit my pinky finger and nearly sprained it. It seems kinda funny when I think about it. Another story is that one time I was making myself some ramen and I over filled my bowl. I went to the sink to pour out some of the broth and burned my finger. Moral of story: Be careful around soup kids......lolimage.jpeg.4a3e6b339f4fdf6d1f6a571184661e75.jpeg

• Like 4

Serious one: 

So I used to be apart of a dance recital, right? About 30 minutes before our second performance, I was sitting in the hallway that takes you to the back of the stage waiting for it to start. I was in an area next to a giant metallic door and a wall. When somebody opened the door and held it for a while, me, being the wonderful smart human being I am, put my index finger in between a part of the end of the metal door and the wall connected to it. So, this:

4ECE0984-507A-4BB9-BD81-F406C969B45B.png.b9139ffc2f21278553107c4a1c60a417.png

Well, guess what? They closed the door, and I screamed bloody murder ‘till they opened the door again so I could wedge my finger out. I nearly crushed my finger that night, and it was paralyzed for the rest of the month, but I still preformed. 

Funny one:

I once ran into a glass door. The end

• Like 4

I used to Spiderman climb the doorframes and sometimes swing in between them with my arms as supports... well long story short I fell and hit my chin on the ground, my mom thought I had fallen through the floor because it had made such a loud noise. It got 3 stichtes in the wound. It hurt at the time but when I think about it now it is funny, especially because my mom has the exact same scar, at the same place with 3 stitches (she got it differently though ^^).

The second one isn't really an injury and I don't remember it but my mom likes to tell the story. So we were at my uncles house let's call him older uncler because the younger one comes into play to. Well they had a pool and I was like 2 years old or something. My mom was there, my older brother and the younger uncle. My brother did some crap and my mom placed me on the edge of the pool to deal with him. Me being the suicidal kid I was (I really I jumped from all kind of high things when I was younger... thinking about it I still do) jumped in the pool and sunk to the ground like a stone, because I couldn't swim but instead of panicking I just sat there. The younger uncle jumped in an pulled me out and what did I say "Mommy I can swim". ^^

• Like 5

I had a seizure while on a bus.  I had been to two funerals in a short span, and I was a bit of a mess, and had missed a few doses of meds.   I don't remember much from a seizure, or the time before it, but I was told I 'did a faceplant' on the bus.

I have an existing spinal issue, a narrow spot in the spinal canal that can cause a pinched nerve.  It bruised the spinal cord, and it was swelling in a space too narrow to contain it.  They took me to surgery, cut a pie wedge out of three vertebrae to give it room, and installed hardware to keep the vertebrae aligned, since they didn't stack right anymore.

It caused tingling in my hands and feet, starting with wrists and angles, and severe discoordination.  For a while, I couldn't run or handle anything well.  Typing or writing was brutally frustrating.  Luckily I regained all my coordination and the tingling subsided, so I no longer have an issue with my sense of touch.

The first hospital missed it.  They were going to write it off as a side effect of a seizure, something I'd never experienced before. (And as an epileptic, I'm familiar with how my seizures progress.)  My mom and my neurologist got me in to GMU that night for a CAT scan.  It's lucky, too.  That kind of interference can stop very important signals, such as those keeping me breathing - it's the injury that killed Freddie Grey, the guy who died after a 'rough ride' in a police van.

• Like 5

I drink a lot of water. I also forget to drink water at all.

The solution? 1955307631_images(10).jpeg.513f12665b4761722de973c5661685d0.jpeg

Dragging these throughout the house. 

We also have a black cat. That wasn't supposed to be in my room, as she likes to murder this particular curtain.

"Maeck-Maeck- "... This idiot stands up, whirls around, takes a step back at the proximity of the goat-cat, and splits her big toe in half on a stupid glass jar.

201811154996973310080224386.thumb.jpg.b64607c8a2c519edf0858244c64b95e6.jpg

The damned toe. A good part of the scar is underneath the nail, which was, guess what, also split.

Did I mention that I faint at the sight of blood? 

• Like 4

When playing as a child I struck myself accidentally with a freshly sharpened pencil in my right thigh. The tip broke off and remained in the thigh up to this day. It's still visible from the outside under the skin. No problems though.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Markus said:

When playing as a child I struck myself accidentally with a freshly sharpened pencil in my right thigh. The tip broke off and remained in the thigh up to this day. It's still visible from the outside under the skin. No problems though.

That reminds me one one time when I was trying to open up a pack of stickynotes with a freshly sharpened pencil. Long story short instead of going through the plastic wrap it slid of and i hit myself in the face with it. I think theres still pencil graphite in my lip to this day. XD

• Like 2

I haven't got into any serious injuries yet (*knock on wood*), probably because I'm not a risk-taker and I don't do tons of sports or stuff like that. You guys are all making me cringe and think of how lucky I am but at the same time I want a story like that to tell :,(

I have, however, run full-speed into a screen door and grabbed a seemingly-prickle-less cactus with my bare hands before. Neither situation ended well.

• Like 4

I went skiing and managed to get hit by a stationary metal rod right between my legs.
It was very painful and I was hospitalized because I could not sit or walk anymore for a few days.

Luckily no lasting damage was done :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, Goggles-kun said:

Serious one: 

So I used to be apart of a dance recital, right? About 30 minutes before our second performance, I was sitting in the hallway that takes you to the back of the stage waiting for it to start. I was in an area next to a giant metallic door and a wall. When somebody opened the door and held it for a while, me, being the wonderful smart human being I am, put my index finger in between a part of the end of the metal door and the wall connected to it. So, this:

4ECE0984-507A-4BB9-BD81-F406C969B45B.png.b9139ffc2f21278553107c4a1c60a417.png

Well, guess what? They closed the door, and I screamed bloody murder ‘till they opened the door again so I could wedge my finger out. I nearly crushed my finger that night, and it was paralyzed for the rest of the month, but I still preformed. 

Funny one:

I once ran into a glass door. The end

Kind of a : "THE SHOW MUST GO ONNN" moment huh? xD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2018 at 10:33 AM, Markus said:

A few months ago I was playing with a really sharp pencil in school and accidentally stabbed myself with it. A week or so later a piece of it came out, but i still back a little gray bit in my palm. It's kinda funny to think that I might have a scar for the rest of my life from a mere pencil.

I also have a scar (my first!) from last summer. I was at a camp and I was running and tripped on some concrete and scraped by elbow. It bled only a little bit and I thought it was fine. When i got back i would put on a hoodie (yes, in summer, but it was only inside) that was a bit small and it would rub up against my elbow, and it would bleed. I still have the scar. I've fallen so many times on concrete, yet only one makes a scar...

Well, I never had any serious injuries, but my cousin has.

So, it was her birthday, she was turning 7, and she did cheerleading. For her birthday, we went to a waterpark and all her cheerleading friends were there. So, after about an hour, after food, they decided to do a pyramid, but I don't think my cousin has ever done one. But they put her on the top, then they put a girl in front of them, just in case someone fell. Then, for some reason, the adults told that girl to move. Then, of course, my cousin fell, after the girl had ran over to the tables. My cousin broke her arm, and they took her to the hospital. Everyone left, except for me and my mom. We stayed there for the rest of the party time.

• Like 2

I fell off my trampoline and smacked my head on some cinderblocks - I also face planted into the ground. I was like 6 and din't get a concussion or any injuries at all except a terrible headache

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aetherskye said:

I fell off my trampoline and smacked my head on some cinderblocks - I also face planted into the ground. I was like 6 and din't get a concussion or any injuries at all except a terrible headache

let me add to that, we had the cinderblocks to get up to the trampoline. there was like a 1 1/2 foot drop.

• Like 1

I'm a super risky person but I like never get hurt but I have been hurt before yes and I'm tied between

One time I was sitting atop my dads shed and drawing and a gust of wind attacked my paper and well my eye.. was open and oof… I GOT A PAPPER CUT ON MY EYE!! AHHHHHH ow.. but also (thankfully I'm wasn't blind..)

One time I was out at night and closed the car door than it CRUSHED MY FINGER IN A CAR DOOR AND MY FINGER WAS NIMB SO WHEN I STARTED WALKING I DIDNT NOTIC MY FINGER WAS CAUGHT IN THE DOOR!!! ow.. (I still have a scar on that finger...also my finger wasn't broken it was just badly sprained)

• Like 1

Kinda funny one(?)
I used to hang on the banaster of an archway leading to my dining room. I'd hang upside down on it and hold on for as long as I could before dropping down. Buuuut, one day my hands were really sweaty and when I tried to let go, I feel backwards onto a chair w/ metal arm rests.
We don't sit on that chair anymore. if you try it bends under your weight, its great

On 11/15/2018 at 3:07 AM, Jojo said:

I used to Spiderman climb the doorframes and sometimes swing in between them with my arms as supports...

OH MY GOSH I DO THE SAME THING!

AND I STILL HAVEN'T GROWN OUT OF DOING IT!