Stray Fawn Community

New Sickness?

Goggles-kun

“uOOOGGG Goggles-kun! I hate sick creatures enough!” you might be saying, quickly typing on the keyboard as you write a rebuttal statement in the comments. “My beautiful Lareko was a sick girl and she only lived for 12 days because of sickness!” 

...Hear me out, Francis. 

So far, there are only three diseases: Common Cold, Genetic Sickness, and Sleeping Sickness. Those are all fine and dandy, but what if I told you only three does not satisfy my everlasting hunger for more?

Introducing: the new disease I called “Deadly Disease” for creativity! This disease only appears on all “deadly” islands (except for Home Island because yes), and causes... two or three damage a day. Seems fair to me. I don’t think it should be caught on random chance. Perhaps only wanderers and rogue males can carry it? And the chances of getting it are higher in the Jungle and hard swamp island? I dunno.

Edit: It’s 09:46 in the morning and I just noticed I left out some things. This disease, because I am a nice human being, can be cured! After a set amount of days (four days I guess), the disease leaves your creature. And here’s a cool thing: if your creature eats a healing plant, the days it’ll last for gets cut in half. 

But who do I know? I just love researching Down syndrome. Goggles-kun the disease fan, signing out!

• Like 3

4 replies to this post

4 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

“uOOOGGG Goggles-kun! I hate sick creatures enough!” you might be saying, quickly typing on the keyboard as you write a rebuttal statement in the comments. “My beautiful Lareko was a sick girl and she only lived for 12 days because of sickness!” 

...Hear me out, Francis. 

So far, there are only three diseases: Common Cold, Genetic Sickness, and Sleeping Sickness. Those are all fine and dandy, but what if I told you only three does not satisfy my everlasting hunger for more?

Introducing: the new disease I called “Deadly Disease” for creativity! This disease only appears on all “deadly” islands (except for Home Island because yes), and causes... two or three damage a day. Seems fair to me. I don’t think it should be caught on random chance. Perhaps only wanderers and rogue males can carry it? And the chances of getting it are higher in the Jungle and hard swamp island? I dunno.

Goggles-kun the disease fan, signing out!

i really don't think its needed i mean most niche chracters only live 30 days and that alone is pretty "weak" deppendingon how you look at it. on top of that its pretty much a pain dealing with the normal diseases of -1 hp per day, including if your trying to keep the home immunity gene through the run. personally i have had 5-7 attempts now and no success so yah. (or its just me and i suck...)

• Like 1

Would the affected be permanently sick, or is there a cure?

What about children, if it is permanent? Automatically passed down, genetic issues, bad mutations, other consequences?.

Personally, I can't see it changing too much game-play wise, just limiting the pool of good wanderers. But that it what any sickness does, really.

Is the gene pool too small or too big? I can hardly judge that. 

It would be interesting to see, if the ability to turn off immunity sickness comes along for story challenges, how a different disease may work. 

Eradicating sickness completely would, again, personally, be an unwanted side effect of an otherwise great idea. So have my vote.

• Thanks 1