Stray Fawn Community

Niche Hunger Games

Basil

From the title, I bet you know what this is going to be about…

Yep! The Hunger Games! IN NICHE!!!

So here’s how it works.

1. There’s 12 districts. You are allowed to claim only ONE district per round.

2. You have to apply one MALE and one FEMALE tribute. Can’t be both females, can’t be both males, just how it works!

3. You ARE allowed to use console… though you don't really feel the same if a console creature wins that you only created for looks than say, a creature that you bred specifically that you love.

4. It doesn’t matter how strong the creature that you apply is. I’m using a Hunger Games generator that could potentially make a rouge male win over a 12 point strength Nicheling!

5. You can only apply 2 creatures at a time. If you wish to apply more than one creature, then you will have to wait for next month’s Hunger Games round. (I want to do these monthly)

6. If you want to remove a creature from the event, just change your font size to a larger size and scream at me to do so, I’ll definitely see it don’t worry.

7. Be polite to each other. If you don’t get a district in time, then you’ll have to wait for next month.

8. Every day, I will update the Official November Niche Hunger Games forum. Each day there’s is going to be additional storyline! (Might do more than one day in each update though because it might take too long)

OKAY SO! Those are the basic rules for this event. Now, let me show you the format for applying for a district.

Application Forum

Username: (your Niche forum username)

District: (district # you pick)

Tributes: (names of your male and female tributes with PICTURES)

Let me fill it out for an example:

Application Forum

Username: Basil

District: 7

Tributes: Daze and Dragon Tear (currently can't insert pics oops)

REMEMBER! You can only apply for ONE district and only TWO tributes, one male and one female.

This part is optional: You can submit personalities for your creatures. It will help me build more on the storyline since the generator doesn’t really provide much of a story. I will build off of what the generator says and create a story in the process.

The winner of the competition gets their creature that won drawn and also bragging rights! It will basically be a full body drawing of the creature that WON (that’s why I don’t recommend using the console since it’s only the creature that won, not your favorite creature).

Layout for Districts:

District 1: Claimed by A Nicheling

Tributes: Adam the Second (), Jyn ()

District 2: Claimed by Lilytuft

Tributes: Ossen (), Silatlan ()

District 3: Claimed by Goggles-kun

Tributes: Pacific (), Lareko ()

Personalities:

Pacific is an excellent swimmer that thinks quickly and is smart. Despite this, he's not very strong and is actually quite gentle.

Lareko is a fierce girl with tons of firepower and... kids (LMAO I LOVE THIS) When someone attacks, she lashes out and rams them to death with her surprisingly sharp horns.

District 4: Claimed by Kepa-Shanyang

Tributes: Birch (), Phoenix () 

Personalities:

Birch is a calm, yet hard-working individual. He is very determined, and will stop at nothing to get his goals done unless those goals could get him killed if he tried to hard to achieve them. He's cool-headed and smart, assessing situations and calculating solutions with ease.

Phoenix is a spontaneous Nicheling with a fiery personality. They're quick to snap, and are hot-headed. They're very quick to jump to solutions, and to attack. They hate waiting and would like to be doing something nearly all the time.

Despite the fact that the two are polar opposites, they balance out each other well and make a good team.

District 5: Claimed by RandomWanderer

Tributes: Anasire (), Mapleshade ()

Personalities: 

Anasire is somewhat haughty, she doesn't like to stay anywhere for long - or with anybody, after having seen to many nichelings drained of their lifeblood to create the reincarnated. She is distrustful, jaded and somewhat of a wildcard and somewhat uneasy with relationships.

Mapleshade, the first born child on this island, is the only strong link to the founders. He awards others by rank, some living normal lifespans, some unusually long, and some never die. Unlike Anasire, he treats responsibility very seriously. No children of his may be granted eternal live, as much as it hurts. They're somewhat enemies, uneasy allies and, of course, distantly related. Should this come to light, her death would not be swift.  Mapleshade is warm, personable, loyal, careful, yet a womanizer, having taken many mates over his life. He is a master hunter to add on top of all that too.

District 6: UNCLAIMED

Tributes: N/A

District 7: Claimed by Basil

Tributes: Dragon Tear (♀), Daze (♂)

Personalities:

Dragon Tear is a level headed young female that generally keeps to herself most of the time. Whenever her family or tribe is in danger, however, all hell breaks loose. She unleashes an inner fury that involuntarily freaks out other Nichelings but at least keeps her family safe from harm. These spurs in energy can lead her into dangerous situations, however.

Daze is the complete opposite of Dragon Tear. He is constantly seen showing off and boasting about how strong he is and how he can take on anything. But when the real dangers come along, he runs off with his tail in between his legs in fear. With Dragon Tear's reassurance, however, he is able to make it through these situations. These two paired up make a phenomenal team. 

District 8: Claimed by Skysplash8

Tributes: Meringue (), Emmai (♀)

Personality/backstory:

Meringue was a baby whose parents shared an immunity gene. I didnt know that until he was born. :( His mother, Alice, passed away as soon as little Meringue was born. When he was a teenager, he shrank into the shadows until he became an adult. Then he became mates with a female whose name, I think, was Snowberry II. They had a bunch of children before Meringue passed away. Only recently has the story of Meringue reached my other tribes, and now, instead of exiling/drowning sickly creatures, they are valued and known to be blessed by Meringue, god of sickness.

Emmai: One time I started a tribe on Oasis. The male had claw, but he didn't pass it on. A bearyena came, and right at that moment, a wanderer appeared with big ears (perfect for hot weather), double claws, and ram horns. She was invited in and took down the Bearyena by herself in two/three hits. She had a lot of children (as much as our food supply could support) and the claw lived on. Emmai and Meringue often unite to creature strong, sickly creatures. Emmai is the god of hunting and strength

District 9: UNCLAIMED

Tributes: N/A

District 10: Claimed by bostonlobstah

Tributes: Bright Star (), Ruffle ()

Bright Star grew up in a stable family environment so he has a steady and devoted personality. He's also really, really strong. Double claws, ram horns, big body, bearyena hindlegs. He's a bit of a showoff with his peacock tail as well. He lives on the shores int he long grass, where he likes hunting rabbils with his family.

Ruffle's father died when she was younger so she relied on her mother Perl and her older sister Ripple, who looks almost exactly like her. She has kits of her own now, and is very loving and motherly to them. Although not very strong, she would defend her babies with her life. She can often be found digging up worms on Platypus Kingdom Island.

District 12: Claimed by Jojo

Tributes: Rowanstar (), Night ()

Personalities: 

Night is just a cute little guy born in the same tribe as Flame, who was the herald of the savannah winds (unlocked the king of savannah achievement). Night and Flame were fast friends and set out on many adventures together, even founding their own tribe and their own families.

Rowanstar is proud and independent, but fiercely loyal. She is able to make good teams with anyone, and Night is one of those creatures she can team with easily.

Good luck! And may the odds be in your favor!

• Like 3

Username: Kepa-Shanyang

District: 4

Tributes: Cutie.PNG.eeae950bb1df97dc90fd8f1a9baac426.PNG

Since I forgot this guy's name and his save file got deleted, let's call him Birch.

1738428034_pretendhesagirl.PNG.7ef1c14a1fae99e4fa90be895f8bd0bd.PNG  

This guy's name I forgot as well. Also YES I KNOW HE'S ALSO A BOY, BUT CAN WE PLEASE PRETEND HE'S A FEMALE FOR THE SAKE OF ME HAVING TWO PRETTY NICHELINGS?!

or they could be gay. hmmmm

Let's call her Pheonix.

15 minutes ago, Kepa-Shanyang said:

Tributes: I can’t upload them now, but I will in an hour or two! I just wanted to claim district 4 before anyone else, since it’s my favorite number.

It's yours! (Also take your time on the pics I can't upload mine either lol)

31 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

How do hunger games work?

So basically, in the original books, there's 12 districts. Each round of the Hunger Games 2 tributes are chosen, 1 male and 1 female. Essentially, EVERYONE is supposed to fight to the death in the books, but here the districts are kind of considered teams (you have two chances to win). Last person standing wins and they go back to their designated district and that district gets all the riches and food in what seems like the entire world! This is in the books, of course. Here, if your creature wins, they get the ability to get a free drawing of them (made by me) and bragging rights ^^

• Like 1

I'm kinda on vacation, so I can't put pictures in yet (I'm on my tablet), but I want to enter anyways. Sooo...

Username: Skysplash8

District: 8

Tributes: Meringue and Emmai (I can't put pictures in, but they both have photos posted on the forums).

2 hours ago, Kepa-Shanyang said:

Tributes: Cutie.PNG.eeae950bb1df97dc90fd8f1a9baac426.PNG

Since I forgot this guy's name and his save file got deleted, let's call him Birch.

1738428034_pretendhesagirl.PNG.7ef1c14a1fae99e4fa90be895f8bd0bd.PNG  

This guy's name I forgot as well. Also YES I KNOW HE'S ALSO A BOY, BUT CAN WE PLEASE PRETEND HE'S A FEMALE FOR THE SAKE OF ME HAVING TWO PRETTY NICHELINGS?!

or they could be gay. hmmmm

Let's call her Pheonix.

Hahah that's fine! She is so pretty! Pheonix is such a beautiful girl :DD

Also birch is freaking amazing holy-

4 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I'm kinda on vacation, so I can't put pictures in yet (I'm on my tablet), but I want to enter anyways. Sooo...

Username: Skysplash8

District: 8

Tributes: Meringue and Emmai (I can't put pictures in, but they both have photos posted on the forums).

Yours! Can you link the pics to me if you can find them please? When you have the time of course

• Like 1

oh my gosh I just realized birch has eyebrows. small ones, but they're there!

anyways ima put in personalities for story purposes!

Birch:

Birch is a calm, yet hard-working individual. He is very determined, and will stop at nothing to get his goals done unless those goals could get him killed if he tried too hard to achieve them. He's cool-headed and smart, assessing situations and calculating solutions with ease.

Pheonix:

Pheonix is a spontaneous nicheling with a fiery personality. They're quick to snap, and are hot-headed. They're very quick to jump to solutions, and to attack. They hate waiting, and would like to be doing something nearly all the time.

Despite the fact that the two are polar opposites, they balance out each other well and make a good team.

1 hour ago, Basil said:

So basically, in the original books, there's 12 districts. Each round of the Hunger Games 2 tributes are chosen, 1 male and 1 female. Essentially, EVERYONE is supposed to fight to the death in the books, but here the districts are kind of considered teams (you have two chances to win). Last person standing wins and they go back to their designated district and that district gets all the riches and food in what seems like the entire world! This is in the books, of course. Here, if your creature wins, they get the ability to get a free drawing of them (made by me) and bragging rights ^^ 

After watching some Warriors hunger games, I finally understand how this works. (Stick won the Warriors hunger games XD)

17 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

After watching some Warriors hunger games, I finally understand how this works. (Stick won the Warriors hunger games XD)

Haha I love to watch those! Glad you understand now, feel free to join anytime aswell!

Username: A Nicheling

District: 1

-Adam the Second

Personality: He is a calm, intelligent nicheling that cares about his tribe and always thinks before acting.

1933193333_ScreenShot2018-11-16at6_04_16PM.thumb.png.4697efd48576b3a8e2416a30aeb71b86.png

-Jyn

Personality: She is a hard-working hunter that sometimes acts before thinking about the consequences of her actions.1734005877_ScreenShot2018-11-16at6_00_38PM.thumb.png.3bdb13fe56165ac10322c7b5ac39e621.png

14 minutes ago, A Nicheling said:

Username: A Nicheling

District: 1

-Adam the Second

Personality: He is a calm, intelligent nicheling that cares about his tribe and always thinks before acting.

1933193333_ScreenShot2018-11-16at6_04_16PM.thumb.png.4697efd48576b3a8e2416a30aeb71b86.png

-Jyn

Personality: She is a hard-working hunter that sometimes acts before thinking about the consequences of her actions.1734005877_ScreenShot2018-11-16at6_00_38PM.thumb.png.3bdb13fe56165ac10322c7b5ac39e621.png

District 1 is yours! Thank you for joining ^^

7 hours ago, Basil said:

Yours! Can you link the pics to me if you can find them please? When you have the time of course

Emmai:

(Also, you spelled it Emma in the District Layout, it's Emmai) 

Meringue:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2735-whats-your-tribes-lore/&tab=comments#comment-10204

Backstory:

Meringue:

Meringue was a baby whose parents shared an immunity gene. I didn't know that until he was born. ☹️ His mother, Alice, passed away as soon as little Meringue was born. When he was a teenager, he shrank into the shadows until he became an adult. Then he became mates with a female whose name, I think, was Snowberry II. They had a bunch of children before Meringue passed away. Only recently has the story of Meringue reached my other tribes, and now, instead of exiling/drowning sickly creatures, they are valued and known to be blessed by Meringue, god of sickness.

Emmai:

One time I started a tribe on Oasis. The male had claw, but he didn't pass it on. A bearyena came, and right as that moment, a wanderer appeared with Big ears (perfect for hot weather), double Claws, and ram horns. She was invited in and took down the Bearyena by herself in two/three hits. She had a lot of children (as much as our food supply could support) and the claw lived on. Emmai and Meringue often unite to create strong, sickly creatures. Emmai is the god of hunting and strength. 

• Like 1

Well uh why not lol

Username: Goggles-kun (duh)

District: 3

Tributes: Pacific and Lareko

5260714D-666D-4059-91CD-5E8874BCB49E.jpeg.470cc3dea7f11d7574b563f1552dfa46.jpeg16524174-7CD3-4E1E-A3C3-0FFDE73B171D.png.2e9f0def0b4651efc961974b647c749b.png

Pacific- He’s an excellent swimmer that thinks quickly and is smart. Despite this, he’s not very strong and is actually quite gentle.

Lareko- A fierce girl with tons firepower and... kids. When someone attacks, she lashes out and rams them to death with her surprisingly sharp horns.

Username: bostonlobstah

District: 10

Tributes: Bright Star and Ruffle

Personalities:

Bright Star grew up in a stable family environment so he has a steady and devoted personality. He's also really, really strong. Double claws, ram horns, big body, bearyena hindlegs. He's a bit of a showoff with his peacock tail as well. He lives on the shore in the long grass, where he likes hunting rabbils with his family.

Ruffle's father died when she was younger so she relied on her mother Perl and her older sister Ripple, who looks almost exactly like her. She has kits of her own now, and is very loving and motherly to them. Although not very strong, she would defend her babies with her life. She can often be found digging up worms on Platypus Kingdom Island. 

519251682_Screenshot(867).thumb.png.efa62c51142469133bb1ca8a684abe5a.png952098637_Screenshot(807).thumb.png.2a52a4c975828d0a9ef397f77d0e79ee.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

I'm confused, will it be like a roleplay? Or will you just roll a random generator and we all watch from the sidelines?

It's a random generator that just kinda says what happens. I'll be building a story off of what the generator says since it only says generic things, for example: "Dragon Tear fell into a pit and died." So basically I'll just be making what the generator says more detailed ^^

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Emmai:

(Also, you spelled it Emma in the District Layout, it's Emmai) 

Meringue:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2735-whats-your-tribes-lore/&tab=comments#comment-10204

Backstory:

Meringue:

Meringue was a baby whose parents shared an immunity gene. I didn't know that until he was born. ☹️ His mother, Alice, passed away as soon as little Meringue was born. When he was a teenager, he shrank into the shadows until he became an adult. Then he became mates with a female whose name, I think, was Snowberry II. They had a bunch of children before Meringue passed away. Only recently has the story of Meringue reached my other tribes, and now, instead of exiling/drowning sickly creatures, they are valued and known to be blessed by Meringue, god of sickness.

Emmai:

One time I started a tribe on Oasis. The male had claw, but he didn't pass it on. A bearyena came, and right as that moment, a wanderer appeared with Big ears (perfect for hot weather), double Claws, and ram horns. She was invited in and took down the Bearyena by herself in two/three hits. She had a lot of children (as much as our food supply could support) and the claw lived on. Emmai and Meringue often unite to create strong, sickly creatures. Emmai is the god of hunting and strength. 

Thanks! Will fix it sorry bout spelling her name wrong, I did that super late lol

I can't seem to find the picture for Meringue, is it possibly in a different topic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

Username: bostonlobstah

District: 10

Tributes: Bright Star and Ruffle

Personalities:

Bright Star grew up in a stable family environment so he has a steady and devoted personality. He's also really, really strong. Double claws, ram horns, big body, bearyena hindlegs. He's a bit of a showoff with his peacock tail as well. He lives on the shore in the long grass, where he likes hunting rabbils with his family.

519251682_Screenshot(867).thumb.png.efa62c51142469133bb1ca8a684abe5a.png952098637_Screenshot(807).thumb.png.2a52a4c975828d0a9ef397f77d0e79ee.png

Yours! Ahh Ruffle is so cute ^^

11 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Well uh why not lol

Username: Goggles-kun (duh)

District: 3

Tributes: Pacific and Lareko

5260714D-666D-4059-91CD-5E8874BCB49E.jpeg.470cc3dea7f11d7574b563f1552dfa46.jpeg16524174-7CD3-4E1E-A3C3-0FFDE73B171D.png.2e9f0def0b4651efc961974b647c749b.png

Pacific- He’s an excellent swimmer that thinks quickly and is smart. Despite this, he’s not very strong and is actually quite gentle.

Lareko- A fierce girl with tons firepower and... kids. When someone attacks, she lashes out and rams them to death with her surprisingly sharp horns.

Yours! Thanks for joining! I had a feeling that I'd see Pacific in here lol

How no one chose district 12 so far is beyond me... like hello it is the district from the protagonist?! Also, now that Basil cleared things up I'd love to join in :D

Username: Jojo

District: 12

Tributes: Night (m) and Rowanstar (w)

20180901161448_1.thumb.jpg.9874d0ab27ea9048041ef861ac21b658.jpg20170913120631_1.thumb.jpg.f191035fb4615a2f9c1a1d941c8cd3a3.jpg

Night is just a little cute guy born in the same tribe as Flame, who was the herald of the savannah winds (unlocked the king of the savannah achievement). Night and Flame were fast friends and set out on many adventures together, even founding their own tribe and their own families.

Rowanstar is one of the most important leaders of my oldest safefile (almost 70 hours, I usually never stick that long with one safefile). The safe file is also the one that reached home island first time and unlocked most of my achievements (I was specifically hunting the natural selector one for quite some time). Rowanstar was part of the great hunt for the last prehistoric gene and set out with a patrol to crack open the ice blocks on the specific island. At the time Rowanstar was Rowanclaw and a warrior of MountainClan, she was chosen to lead a patrol and set out into the cold. For MountainClan their patrol was lost, as they never returned, but Rowanclaw and her patrol didn't perish in the cold. They found a mamoth food and a sabrefang Nicheling which made Rowanclaw angry as the needed the armored body to finally end their travels. She was angry at StarClan for always making them go on and on leaving countless Clanmates behind without ever having a home. In her defiance she founded RowanClan, who would set out to one day call the mountains their home again.

RowanClan is currenlty the only standing clan as MountainClan perished after trying to hard to fullfill StarClans missions (achievements) :D

• Like 2