Stray Fawn Community

If I Were A Nicheling...

bostonlobstah

Actually I changed my mind :)

I’d replace my velvet paw with a wing I think. It makes more sense to me :D

And I might have low-ish fertility...

Oh and also I realized I am in fact shortsighted...lol

if I were a wanderer the tribe would probably just kill me lol

(if they already unlocked wings that is. If not I would be their queen lol)

This is something I've been thinking about since I saw this steam post:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440650/discussions/1/1326718197213749161/

But I think I finally have the answer.

• Ears - Round to mirror the fact that I have attached earlobes which is the recessive trait
  • Horns - Ram because I use to think of them like hair and I think that the ram horns match my hair and I think I can more psychologically (rather than physically) intimidate people and the ram horns match that
  • Eyes - Normal (recessive short-sighted) because I technically have glasses but I barely need/use them
  • Snout - Purr because of my caring personality and my aura making people more open up more around me (also I tend to favor healers in games and such + I can't smell very well + I've been called both cute and creepy like the purr snout)
  • Body - Lean because I'm short and skinny and not because I'm fast
  • Paws - Velvet/Nimble because I can be quite sneaky and I can to a various amount of tasks
  • Hindlegs - Normal because I'm not strong nor a swimmer
  • Tail - Scorpion (? - I'm not sure about this one) because I like some weird food (poison resistance) and I think if you did hurt me, I would fight back slowly yet deadly like poison
  • Fur color - Yellow/Beige (?) because definitely some type of yellow fur because I'm Asian
  • Eye color - Black/Brown because technically they’re just a really dark brown but if you saw them you would call them black
  • Horn color - Black because that's my hair color
  • Pattern - None because I don't think anything matches me
  • Like 3

On 11/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, bostonlobstah said:

Look at my avvy! And LOOK at what I drew!

It's me lol

image.php?id=3267228&size=large&format=auto&rev=1542849628

the website I drew it on had comments saying that they loved Niche. I'm glad to say we are not alone!

17 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

Actually I changed my mind :)

I’d replace my velvet paw with a wing I think. It makes more sense to me :D

And I might have low-ish fertility...

Oh and also I realized I am in fact shortsighted...lol

if I were a wanderer the tribe would probably just kill me lol

(if they already unlocked wings that is. If not I would be their queen lol)

Use these for a reference for me ^^

• Like 2

I'd have:

Red or black antlers (antennae recessive)

Bearyena ears

Poison fangs (or platypus beak)

Good eye sight (I think)

Medium body

One runnerleg and one digging paw

Webbed hindlegs

Hammer tail

White fur, brown pattern (it looks very orange) and spots

Green eyes (my irl eyes are blue, but my WC character has green)

• Like 5

Do you guys all wanna make the challenge together? Currently the challenge is to recreate as many of us as possible. Any other ideas for the challenge? I can write out the rules.

Rules:

The recreations have to be EXACT down to haemophilia and shortsightedness. Immunity genes don't count: (it seems a bit too hard to try to get exact immunities, you can if you want to though..)

No console or cheats

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bostonlobstah said:

Wooo! Great idea!

i dunno of any rules. But they have to be EXACT. Including genes that you can’t see, like shortsightedness or hemophilia.

oh and we need a place to put all the nichelings to make it easier

You can show shortsighted by narrowing the eyes of anyone who has it like this:

Eyes.png

• Like 1

As a nicheling, basically me:

Medium Ears (If small ears were an actual gene that reduced hearing I would have them. I never catch what people say.)

No horns

Eyes, since I can see stuff other people don't notice.

Poison fangs, recessive purr snout - I can be very harsh with words and come off as rude, offensive, or a straight-up asshole. But I truthfully care about people and want to see the best for them, but I tend to display the first one more.

Big Body - I'm fat

Claw, Runner leg - I've dislocated someone's shoulder before by hitting them really hard on the back (that was when I was mad. I regret that. Also, they were rather small so I dunno about other people), and I can run pretty fast despite the fact I have rather low stamina.

Normal Hind Legs

Medium Tail

Probably dark brown fur

Brown eyes

No pattern - I don't really have any defining features

Normal Blood Clotting

2 Fertility - I don't really like the idea of sex. It's weird. But sometimes I think about it.

By the way what ya'll doin

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Kepa-Shanyang said:

As a nicheling, basically me:

Medium Ears (If small ears were an actual gene that reduced hearing I would have them. I never catch what people say.)

No horns

Eyes, since I can see stuff other people don't notice.

Poison fangs, recessive purr snout - I can be very harsh with words and come off as rude, offensive, or a straight-up asshole. But I truthfully care about people and want to see the best for them, but I tend to display the first one more.

Big Body - I'm fat

Claw, Runner leg - I've dislocated someone's shoulder before by hitting them really hard on the back (that was when I was mad. I regret that. Also, they were rather small so I dunno about other people), and I can run pretty fast despite the fact I have rather low stamina.

Normal Hind Legs

Medium Tail

Probably dark brown fur

Brown eyes

No pattern - I don't really have any defining features

Normal Blood Clotting

2 Fertility - I don't really like the idea of sex. It's weird. But sometimes I think about it.

By the way what ya'll doin

Were in the process of making a challenge where you have to recreate everybody in this thread down to shortsighted eyes and haemophilia. Do you have any ideas for rules?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

Wooo! Great idea!

i dunno of any rules. But they have to be EXACT. Including genes that you can’t see, like shortsightedness or hemophilia.

oh and we need a place to put all the nichelings to make it easier

I can add all the genes to my main comment afterwards.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAlbinoNightfury said:

Were in the process of making a challenge where you have to recreate everybody in this thread down to shortsighted eyes and haemophilia. Do you have any ideas for rules?

no console is an obvious one. maybe no mutation menu if you wanna make it extra hard.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

I’m super skinny (like, borderline unhealthy skinny) and I wish I regretted that lol

the worst part is it doesn’t make sense with my proportions either: most people who are that lightweight are super short. 

I am not short. :,( 

I don't think being taller and skinny is bad. As a matter of style it might be unfair if what you like just doesn't suit you, but not being short and more skinny really does give you more options. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

I don't think being taller and skinny is bad. As a matter of style it might be unfair if what you like just doesn't suit you, but not being short and more skinny really does give you more options. 

I don’t mind being taller and lightweight either. I’m just so lightweight that for a while my height to weight ratio was very low, and I was below the first percentile for weight in kids my age (I think it was something ridiculous like 0.2.) And this was when I was around 11, which is a very important time for growth, which wasn’t happening for me, at all.

I took meds for a while and I think I am back on track. But I know I will always be very petite and thin. 

I once had to try to find a dress to wear to a choral concert and it was hard to find one that fit me well because of my odd build lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

I once had to try to find a dress to wear to a choral concert and it was hard to find one that fit me well because of my odd build lol

My friend has a deformed right hand and is very short for kids my age. It's hard for her to get the right outfit sometimes, but I still love her :(

• Like 5