Stray Fawn Community

The last update deleted half my drones.

Gorggeron

That has not happened to me yet. Are they gone from your save folder as well?

I would not close the game while doing the following if I were you, just in case.

To open said folder, on windows: open the start menu, and type in the small box there « %appdata%/../LocalLow », without quotes but with the two full stops in the middle.

From there, select Nimbatus > Nimbatus > Saves, and open the file Slot1.nSave with 7zip, or Winrar. (or Slot2 if you saved on the second save slot, etc.)

Count the number of files with a « .drn » extension at the end (strange strings of letters and numbers). If you have the same number of these as you have drones in your hangar now, I suppose the rest is lost. If you have more « .drn » files than your current number of drones, then I suggest making a copy of that whole Slot1 file and placing it on your desktop while waiting for a developer to pass by.

• 2 weeks later...

In the hopes of preventing this fate from befalling anyone else, I hunted around for the location of the Nimbatus save file location. No promises, but backing it up occasionally could mitigate the amount of data you lose. Provided your save locations are the default, the folder location should be as follows:

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus

(user) is whatever your local user name is. AppData is a hidden file, so you'll have to enable the viewing of hidden items in the view tab. 

Hope that helps!

• 5 months later...

The issue of the "emptying save files" happened to me several times after the first.  But, at this point I'd been regularly backing up my drones so it wasn't as much of an issue.  What I figured out though, is that this happens when the computer does a hard reset while the game is running.  The fact that there was an update right after the first instance was probably just a coincidence.  I also don't leave the game running when I'm not using it any more.  So, I haven't had this happen to me in a long time and this issue may have all ready been fixed; I just don't feel like going through trouble of testing it.

On a side note, one time my save file was corrupted when the game crashed.  But because of the information given to me in this thread, I was able to open it with 7zip (winwar wouldn't do it) and recover half my drones.  Thanks.

• Like 1