Stray Fawn Community

More Story Mode Options

Basil

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet buuuuuttttt I'm gonna just give my input anyways!

So currently we have only one story mode option; Adam's Quest. Basically there would just be more options to pick from. For example...

Story Mode option 1: Frozen in Time
So basically, you would be put to a cut scene (like in Adam's Quest) showing the snowy mountains. You would see a nice tribe and things going along nicely. Suddenly, the sky darkens and a horrific storm erupts from the skies, sending the tribe into panic. They gather up and begin to leave when a young female, with the name of Primrose, is swept away from her tribe mates by the harsh cold winds. The last scene you see of the snowstorm is poor little Primrose being quickly frozen into an ancient ice block.
The next scene cuts into a calm sea. You see the frozen ice block on a small, at least 6 block round island on it. This part of the island (or iceberg) drifted off the main island into a warmer climate. You see the ice block begin to melt and you get to see Primrose again, still with the thought and memory of being separated from her family. Confused, she realizes that she must find her family again. (Kinda like Adam's story but y oU KNOW whAt-)

Primrose needs genes though because she starts the same every single time you choose this story mode.
- Normal Ears  w/ recessive normal ears              - Normal body w/ recessive big body
- Antlers w/ recessive megawhatever horns       - Short Snout w/ recessive short snout
- Runner legs/normal hindlegs                                  - Hammer Tail
- Furcolor white/white                                                   - Patterncolor white/black w/ pattern mask (any shape)
- Horncolor black                                                             - Eyecolor Brown w/ recessive brown
- Normal eyesight w/ recessive blind eyes
- Special gene, like Adam's Home Island Immunity. The Snow Mountain Tribe Gene (Looks like a snowflake)

Goal: Reach your home island. A lot like Adam's Quest but.... A different main starter that's also female. 

Story Mode Option 2: A Rouge Male's Tale

Title for this story is somewhat self explanatory...

We see a nice, cozy looking island (grass adventure, peaceful meadow, just a peaceful island) and we are shown a tribe that seems pretty well adapted to their environment. We are shown a lump of brown fur curled up in a nest that sits up and reveals a spit snouted, double crippled paw baby boy, known as Creek. The mother can be seen with a look of disgust and horror on her face and she rejects the young kit, thus leading to his later departure to his tribe. You get to access full control to him when he is one gem of age. Once he finally reaches adult, you have the option to stay on the island that the rest of your previous tribe is on but have the risk of being attacked, OR you can travel and start your own tribe and family. (Of course you wouldn't be able to interact with your family while growing up on the island because you were banished from the tribe). Creek is definitely a different rouge male. His kind and sweet nature leads to him getting shoved around by other rouge males. Creek doesn't have the same malicious intent as other rouge males do as well. 

Creek's Genes:
- Normal ears w/ recessive normal ears                         - Normal body w/ recessive normal body
- No horns w/ recessive ram horns                                   - Spit snout w/ recessive big nose
- Double crippled paws/ normal hind legs                      - Medium tail w/ recessive medium tail
- Furcolor white/beige                                                             - Pattern color white/white w/ no pattern
- Horncolor red/black                                                              - Eyecolor black w/ recessive blue eyes
- Normal eyesight in both slots

That's all the ideas I have for now. Feel free to suggest more things or link other suggestions similar to this one (trust me I tried so hard to find other suggestions like this one but there's so many suggestions at this point I just gave up

Thanks for reading :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 replies to this post

Hm, very nice ideas. However, I have an expansion idea.

Maybe instead of it just being Primrose being frozen, it's also some of her tribemates, except Primrose is the only one swept away and melted. The goal would be to get back to the cold islands, and break all your frozen tribemates from the ice blocks. And then you have to find your home tribe again

• Like 10

Maybe my True Beginnings Mode could be one? https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2881-true-beginnings-mode/

It could start with two babies somehow hiding underground or smthin and then a huge meteor (like how dinosaurs went extinct) comes and wipes out all the other creatures, and then the babies come out alive. Then you take control of them and you have to repopulate the Niche world with just your two creatures. Or it could be just one baby who survives, but then they find another creature who somehow survived. 

• Like 5

On 12/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, magpie said:

It would be amazing to have more storylines. But I'm not sure about the Creek's one - how is he to survive, without means to collect food?

Sorry for the late response-- I was thinking that when you first gain control of Creek, you will have the option to move islands or stay and get attacked (mentioned in my original post) So when you move islands it will kinda be a Adam and Eve scenario, there will be a female waiting for you and she will have full collecting ability to prevent starvation

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Maybe my True Beginnings Mode could be one? https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2881-true-beginnings-mode/

It could start with two babies somehow hiding underground or smthin and then a huge meteor (like how dinosaurs went extinct) comes and wipes out all the other creatures, and then the babies come out alive. Then you take control of them and you have to repopulate the Niche world with just your two creatures. Or it could be just one baby who survives, but then they find another creature who somehow survived. 

Ahhh love this idea!! Sounds like an apocalypse almost :OO

• Like 1

basil,do you plan on editing the post? not to be rude, but I have some ideas too, one that starts with a wanderer, so a tribe invites a wanderer in they breed, but are low on food, they produce twins and send them away one is female, and acts like a wanderer, they start with one gem and 30 food on a jungle island with some genes suited and half not suited to the enviroment, the other tribe is slightly newer and acts like the home island tribe but they wont recognize you until you get to the 20eth generation, and 100th day, they also travel on ports, going to a killer island to populate and act like a home island tribe on, meanwhile,  the babies are at the beach and get swept away by a tsunami. also the wanderer could be blind but add a new gene called injured eye that when breeded acts like a normal eye but gives no seeing.

57 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

basil,do you plan on editing the post? not to be rude, but I have some ideas too, one that starts with a wanderer, so a tribe invites a wanderer in they breed, but are low on food, they produce twins and send them away one is female, and acts like a wanderer, they start with one gem and 30 food on a jungle island with some genes suited and half not suited to the enviroment, the other tribe is slightly newer and acts like the home island tribe but they wont recognize you until you get to the 20eth generation, and 100th day, they also travel on ports, going to a killer island to populate and act like a home island tribe on, meanwhile,  the babies are at the beach and get swept away by a tsunami. also the wanderer could be blind but add a new gene called injured eye that when breeded acts like a normal eye but gives no seeing.

kuva.png.a4d9a38c3f5c011cbaa3753cbe96242d.png

(Basil, please come back to the forums we miss you)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zixvir said:

Basil’s been missing for a couple of months now. I doubt it’ll be edited anytime soon, but we just have to hope that she’ll come back soon.

• Like 1