Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile?

Basil

I saw this in the suggestions part of Niche and it got quiet a few down votes plus it also had a comment by an administrator that it would most likely never happen. I just wanna get a bit more information on why it wouldn't become a possibility in the future or the main reason why it wouldn't become a thing. Honestly it sounds so fun and since my computer's hard drive just conveniently decided to malfunction...

Perhaps its because. . .

1. Hella money
  2. Hella controls
  3. How would it work on tiny phones
  4. Did I mention it'd cost a lot of money?

it would be super cool, I don't see it happening in the near future.

Though, if Stray Fawn sold merchandise or did another Kickstarter... Maybe!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Perhaps its because. . .

1. Hella money
  2. Hella controls
  3. How would it work on tiny phones
  4. Did I mention it'd cost a lot of money?

it would be super cool, I don't see it happening in the near future.

Though, if Stray Fawn sold merchandise or did another Kickstarter... Maybe!

Good points butttt.... 

I've seen some games that are made to not be compatible with phones and such, only being compatible with things like iPads and stuff... but the money and controls are one of the biggest issues that I didn't really think of. 

If they start a kick starter for Niche Mobile I'll literally throw all of my college savings into that kick starter cause oMg I want Niche on mobile so bad lmao

• Like 3

It's important to remember that most phones aren't tiny little laptops, with the exception of windows phones. They use a different architecture, different OS, different hardware, etc. 

A port to a phone isn't the same as moving from PC to Xbox - its not as bad as writing the game from scratch because the mechanics exist and the assets already exist, but the programming time is comparable. 

It's also an ongoing cost. Going forward, it's a commitment to support what amounts to an additional game, with separate effort required for buggies and updates. 

I don't mean to patronize, so I'm sorry if you knew all this, but it's not an aspect of the problem that's always obvious to players. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Philo said:

@Goggles-kun
It's funny that you call me senpai, since I'm currently studying for my Japanese test on Sunday xD
749857712_WhatsAppImage2018-11-29at23_17_17.thumb.jpg.19f018b216efb0995e08b2fd94d5c4c2.jpg

Good luck for the test :D

I am currently learning Norwegian lucky for me it is kinda simple when you already speak German :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well well well another fellow bilingual around here. 

I speak Spanish and English, Spanish is native ;D. At this point u've already made the exam but I hope u got good grades xD

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I have been waiting for niche mobile a lot thx god it will be in android! I cant wait for it to come out, also any kind of release date yet OwO? 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, inmiu said:

@Night No fixed release date yet, but we will try to release it this year (late 2020), if our plans work out ;)

Wouldn't count on anything working out this year :'D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1