Stray Fawn Community

Hover Drones

Killerco1

No idea how this would go into implementing into the game but here go's there would be different types of hover small medium large and massive small would be for mini drones that are meant for scouting or have one weapon the hovers would be effected by gravity and how far away it is from terrain for exp planets with strong gravity it would be slower but not slow enough to where its worse then rocket thrusters this would be a good way for people to get around on tho's planets but with weak gravity it loses its effectiveness it gets slower and overall useless for normal gravity it would be about the same of thrusters but when closer to the core it becomes a bit faster so when its near the surface its faster compared to when its further away this could either be effected by how close it is to the core or just terrain in general, just something that allows more movement options and maybe instead of using fuel it uses energy because its a hover craft or maybe both it would take half the normal amount of normal thrusters so lets just say 1 it uses .5 fuel and .5 energy and more for larger variants or more energy less fuel like .5 fuel and 1 energy something interesting

6 replies to this post

14 minutes ago, Lurkily said:

Use a downward facing directional sensor to fire thrusters, set to trigger on 'terrain'. 

... not sure if you got the point i was trying to make, basicly id be nice if there where more propulsion options thats really the main reason i suggested it

Would your hovering craft look a little like this? Mine says hello by the way.

Hover.gif.4be0b0fb1680469989207897bd977e5f.gif

Some means other than thrusters to go around the planets would be interesting, and the developers are thinking about it, but if it can be mimicked with great precision and little effort already, then I do not see the point in having it available as a component.

Edited by Ookami-sama
When you correct some text, but forget to check the whole message again.

I'm in favor of additional thruster and propulsion options, but I'd like additions to be kept simple and elemental. Some have suggested thrusters working better in thicker atmosphere, or in hot or cold. 

I'd be in favor of simple things like a thruster that gains strength in proximity to terrain (which aside from hover would have application in cave maneuvers and racing) but that's also something that's possible with current tools. (Not easily, it would require multiple sensors just to judge distance and logic to make sense of the input.)

Hmm.  Gears are turning.

To get back on subject, I'm not sure I like the idea of giving players a ready made "plug this in to hover" package, but I'm beginning to get some ideas about how to make customized and smart components that must be designed. Keep the reward for designing well, but also enable advanced components. 

I need to think.