Stray Fawn Community

New fur color (Or body type)

bostonlobstah

What if there was a seasonal fur color that changed color in the mountain biome? Like when there is no snow, the fur is a moss-brown-grayish color, and when it snows, the coat gradually turns white, like in Arctic foxes and other Arctic animals. It would give +2 camouflage and maybe +1 cold resistance when it turns white! I don't know if the white fur camouflage works on the mountain biome when it's not snowing, but if it does, then in order for my fur to be useful, there would need to be a different color for camouflage in the mountain biome when there's no snow. I don't know exactly how this would work either, or whether it would be a fur color slot or a body slot, or its own new gene. Leaning towards body slot because I don't see it working on other bodies besides big, medium, and lean bodies. 

Arctic Foxes:

image.png.bed86a12e84f7498ebdf5eaf68640523.pngimage.png.50452e5b12910cc5a9e4548ec02d4557.png

• Like 6
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

6 replies to this post

7 minutes ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Perhaps it could be a seperate gene that causes the fur to turn white when there is snow, but leaves the fur colour and pattern as it is when that isn't 

Also how would it add to cold resistance? o.O

I thought that IF it were a body type, the body would need some cold resistance...because it is the arctic after all! If it was just a fur color or a separate gene, it wouldn't have the cold resistance.

• Like 1