Stray Fawn Community

Update the Game Objective

Robb Plat

Niche - a genetics survival game employs genetics, survival, and strategy in the game.  However, survival and strategy games need to have a resolution of the situation, e.g., the person stuck on an island needs to find a way to be saved and return to society, and the chess game ends when the king is checkmated, respectively.  Currently reaching Adam's Home Island and unlocking all the mutation genetics is one thing, but having an objective and story end would be an invaluable addition to this game.  The community and developers can come together to find a way to wrap up Adam and Eve's story, and possibly allow post-story quests and continuation of the game, but there must be a clear objective for the player.  I look forward to your feedback and ideas!

• Like 1

I hate to be a stickler for rules, but the rules say only three topics per person, and you've started a whole bunch of them ^^;

That being said, I kinda always thought that reaching Adam's island and inviting Adam's family into your pack kinda IS the end game?

I hate to be a stickler for rules, but the rules say only three topics per person, and you've started a whole bunch of them ^^;

That being said, I kinda always thought that reaching Adam's island and inviting Adam's family into your pack kinda IS the end game?

I'm actually glad you mentioned this because you're right and I'll adjust my posts so that I only make 3 topics!

It is the end game at the moment, but it could use some additions.  There are no real objectives, besides getting all the achievements, and basically you are thrown into the game without any idea what to do exactly.  That's why we need so many save files because we get tired of playing the same file without any particular goal.  If there was a goal, we wouldn't feel the need to have so many save files and it would be easier to complete them.  That being said, it would also be useful to include the relevant material on the genetics, even though it isn't explicitly an education game, it is definitely on the edge of that genre, so if more directions and information was provided it could be a very useful tool for educators, or just people who want to learn more about genetics, as genetics is a burgeoning field in this era.

Perhaps an objective of the game would be to show that the player understands how the genetics works? Such as being assigned different tasks to create a Nicheling with such and such genetics, etc. Or it could be entirely through the achievements menu e.g., Bearyena hunter (defeat 5 bearyenas), Bearyena killer (defeat 10), Bearyena Archnemesis (defeat 20 bearyenas), etc.

And perhaps diet achievements, like Herbivore (35 turns only of only eating poisonous berries and normal berries). Or Fishing Tribe (catch 100 fish).

Also prey achievements, Rabbil hunter, Stagmole catcher, for defeating said prey animals. Not to mention the Walrus Deer.

Or ones similar to the YouTuber achievements...

Invite a wanderer, invite Eve (Story Mode), have a baby with Derp Snout, unlock megalocerous horns in the mutation menu, etc.

(n.b.:  All numbers are arbitrary, but serve as placeholders for depicting their relative difficulty.)

• Like 1

All of the ideas you just listed to me are wonderful! I think that the achievement thing might work, as many (myself included) strive to achieve 'em all  ;) I would definitely love more achievements to unlock, especially since I'm down to the final stretch already.