Stray Fawn Community

Sensors need work

Force of Nature

At the moment you need a dozen sensors to detect the area around your drone, which gets ridiculous because of the bouncy physics and their narrow detection area.  Imagine a giant cluster of sensors, all wobbly and destroyed almost instantly.

I purpose a new sensor with a 22.5 degree detection area.  Not overpowered like a full circle of detection, but it would cut our necessary sensors in half.

I also like the idea of being able to rotate the sensing area from a slider and not having to rotate the whole sensor.  I could let this suggestion go if we were given an area of detection, instead of just a line.

Oh, on another note; I just noticed sensors can detect the Nimbatus.  Yay, thank you  :)

Why not fold it into the directional sensor?  The wider the radius, the shorter the maximum range.  You can permit the player longer one-dimensional detection (which we also need) but then 360 degree but very short-range detection.  It's a lot more flexible than two detectors with static values, too, without dropping the requirement for the player to find a balance between the two factors.

You can permit the player longer one-dimensional detection (which we also need) but then 360 degree but very short-range detection.

Hmm, good ideas.  But what about also a Radar that scans in a circle and can do 360 degrees once a second, and can rescan in less time for closer, but it takes longer for longer ranges.  It won't be overpowered because a lot can happen in 1 second that it wont even detect.  So people will run 2 or more radars to get faster updates.

You could build that now with a motorized hinge.  I have used that with some weapon targeting.  I use it sometimes with autonomous drones that like even terrain, to 'detect' and target the tallest terrain in front of it.