Stray Fawn Community

Egg laying creatures and other reptile like features

Buttonkitty

Maybe you could add a new gene where you can have egg laying creatures that have to guard their eggs from ground creatures but they would hatch as an adolescent and you wouldn't have to worry about the bird for them? Rogue males could also try to steal your eggs to have a child of their own.

I was also thinking of how there could be some reptilian tails or bodies, which would add some protection and lots of heat resistance, but no cold resistance whatsoever.

• Like 2

I LOVE this! Although instead of Rogue Males, with this new egg option added in, there could be Lonely Ladies (one of my old suggestions lol) who steal your eggs. Or maybe any wandering creature, male or female, could steal your eggs, but only if they themselves are infertile? Also I still think the bluebird should be able to take the babies if they aren't being guarded, but that's just me xD I love a good challenge

Love this idea. Perhaps a gene which decides if the nicheling is oviparous or viviparous? (Egg laying or live birthing, for anyone wondering.) And I like Topaz's idea of a female rogue male trying to steal the eggs instead of a regular one.

And I agree that the reptile genes should add heat resistance, but no cold resistance, maybe even negative?