Stray Fawn Community

The age option problem

Jojo

You know what occured to me the other day?

When our Nichelings will live loner we will be able to get even more attached to the little critter. How heartbreaking will it be when they finally pass away?! *sniffs a little*

And yes I know we could make them immortal with the console but that isn't really the point ^^

• Like 3

From what I've learned as a rat owner, it's not the animal's lifespan that matters. I'll be really happy if I can have a tribe like Ossen's, but with longer lifespans. (Also if we can customize our starters, I'll literally clone Ossen XD)

• Like 4

And here I thought you'd mention the final goodbye to consistency. What happens, if loners have shorter lifespans, when you release a creature? Optimally, their age gets appropiated in ratio by dark magic. 

Now Rogue males and their breadful habits are only half as funny! The travesty...

No, but really, I've had all my nicheling live a bit longer for some time now, it's mostly okay. 

5 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

From what I've learned as a rat owner, it's not the animal's lifespan that matters. I'll be really happy if I can have a tribe like Ossen's, but with longer lifespans. (Also if we can customize our starters, I'll literally clone Ossen XD)

That doesn't make the farewell any easier though (I love rats, had some a while back, will have some in the future :D )

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

the only thing that worries me about new age settings are how damage will work. it’ll make nichelings much more immune to attack or starvation, unless you do it proportionally

Yeah, you should probably make damage sources proportional to age options for this to work.

• Like 1