Stray Fawn Community

rosettes

kakapo123

Not a particularly exciting idea, but I would love to be able to give my nichelings rosettes

It would be an allele of the pattern gene. It would add to camouflage in the savannah biome. Different shapes could include rosettes with and without internal spots and elongated rosettes

Pictured below, from top to bottom, is a leopard (rosettes without internal spot), a jaguar (rosettes with internal spot) and an ocelot (elongated rosettes)

451-leopard.jpg

Nov-2014-Jaguars.jpg

j.jpg

• Like 13

18 replies to this post

Here's a couple of mock-ups that I made to show what the rosettes might look like :)

1296255274_RosetteNicheling1.thumb.png.cafdb4ecb9606beb61b3a69cb537ad2c.png

1047491262_RosetteNicheling2.thumb.png.115d3235d6f743c2c39a44aaac8ffaa1.png

They're both based on leopard patterns. Maybe the pattern shapes (A, B, C, D) could change what animal the rosettes are based on!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 9:04 AM, angelheart said:

Oh, and the different types could be the pattern size!

There's seperate genes for pattern shape and size. I was thinking the different shape genes would decide the type of rosette and the size gene would just make them bigger/smaller

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill Nye the Science Fry said:

Maybe they could also give camo in hot climates, like the savanna and oasis too?

That would be quite cool but I'm not sure if it would be a bit much, the other patterns either add camouflage in one biome or don't add anything. Perhaps it could add to savannah instead so its different from the spots? ^_^

• Like 2