Stray Fawn Community

New bears?

The green one is for jungle and grassland.
It's a kind bear, that will only become angry if you attack it.
It wanders around and eats grass. You can give it nesting material, then it will hang around for a while.
Bearyenas and apes are scared of it, so keeping it around is useful ^^

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Philo said:

It wanders around and eats grass. You can give it nesting material, then it will hang around for a while.

Cool! he looks like your creepy russian uncle that wants you to give him a hug or smth lol. 

Babies and taming for genes would be cool for these bears. Imagine a nicheling with this head

image.png.0c556bd9948209c276c40b98a52e516c.png

If I were a bearyena I would def. run from that ^^

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

image.png.0c556bd9948209c276c40b98a52e516c.png

To be honest I'm not really sure how'd I react if I saw this face come out of the grass and confront my creatures lmao

Maybe... change the eyes...? So they.. aren't so u h.. stalkerish? XD 

• Like 5

Lemme just be purely honest: I don't like the new bears... mostly because of their humanoid like features. Both of them look too human, in fact. The hands is the biggest issue I have, along with the posture they have. When I was thinking of new bears I was thinking of something similar to the Bearyena. Looks like a wild animal that could cause harm, right? Bearyenas look like Nichelings somewhat, featuring similar characteristics. These two bears, however, don't give me the same feeling. 

Just being brutally honest here w h e e z e

• Like 10

I agree with Basil, If you give them less humanoid looks and postures I think they will fit the game better (the hands bother me a little...). Also the 'kind' bear currently doesn't look very kind. Is that the idea to scare away bearyenas? Overall they look great though!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Philo said:

That is a great idea, something to scare the apes away sounds so useful! (Not that there seem to be many apes around at the moment)

They are pretty funny looking ^^

• Like 9

I actually really like these new bears, my only issue is the eyes on the green one. They feel just a touch too intense and not animal like if that makes sense, I think maybe if the eyes were more like nichelings? colored and then with a pupil. I feel bad giving criticism like this because I know a lot of hard work goes into making these creatures and I don't want to make it look like I'm not appreciative. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Larawolf said:

I actually really like these new bears, my only issue is the eyes on the green one. They feel just a touch too intense and not animal like if that makes sense, I think maybe if the eyes were more like nichelings? colored and then with a pupil. I feel bad giving criticism like this because I know a lot of hard work goes into making these creatures and I don't want to make it look like I'm not appreciative. 

I had the same thought about not appreciative.

I think the bears will look a lot better once they are properly rendered :)

• Like 8

@Finnwinter
The brown one is a very peaceful bear ^^
He walkes around and really likes to hang out with Rabbils.
What he does not like at all, is violence.
If he witnesses a creature attaking another creature he gets super angry and will hunt down the attacker.
This can be useful for you, if he watches you getting attacked by let's say a Bearyena.
But if he catches you attacking a Rabbil he'll come after you.

• Like 11

Currently, with a sudden spark of inspiration, I'm sort of redesigning the bears lmao

If I'm able to get a new computer I'll post a pic of what I'm doing to redesign them.

Originally I thought that the brown bear was vicious so I kinda based it off a badger and a bearyena mix and made it aggressive, more aggressive than normal bearyenas. I called this bear the "Badger Bearyena". It's also slightly larger than the regular bearyena. This bear is highly aggressive and is slightly stronger than the average bearyena, constantly following and attacking your creatures until it's killed.

For the green bear I made it a "Spectacled Bearyena" based of the spectacled bear that is generally peaceful in the wilds. It sticks to eating plants and berries, similar to the description of the green bear. This bear is slightly smaller than your average bearyena and is more skittish and less dangerous. Only attacks you if you attack it. It's also weaker than the average bearyena.

I have designs but I have no idea how to post them up in the forms cause I don't have a good phone (takes bad/blurry pics) and it can't access the forums, I'll figure it out somehow ^^

• Like 3