Stray Fawn Community

New bears?

Currently, with a sudden spark of inspiration, I'm sort of redesigning the bears lmao

If I'm able to get a new computer I'll post a pic of what I'm doing to redesign them.

Originally I thought that the brown bear was vicious so I kinda based it off a badger and a bearyena mix and made it aggressive, more aggressive than normal bearyenas. I called this bear the "Badger Bearyena". It's also slightly larger than the regular bearyena. This bear is highly aggressive and is slightly stronger than the average bearyena, constantly following and attacking your creatures until it's killed.

For the green bear I made it a "Spectacled Bearyena" based of the spectacled bear that is generally peaceful in the wilds. It sticks to eating plants and berries, similar to the description of the green bear. This bear is slightly smaller than your average bearyena and is more skittish and less dangerous. Only attacks you if you attack it. It's also weaker than the average bearyena.

I have designs but I have no idea how to post them up in the forms cause I don't have a good phone (takes bad/blurry pics) and it can't access the forums, I'll figure it out somehow ^^

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Finnwinter
The brown one is a very peaceful bear ^^
He walkes around and really likes to hang out with Rabbils.
What he does not like at all, is violence.
If he witnesses a creature attaking another creature he gets super angry and will hunt down the attacker.
This can be useful for you, if he watches you getting attacked by let's say a Bearyena.
But if he catches you attacking a Rabbil he'll come after you.

this guy's gonna damn me to starvation! how am I supposed to protect my berries now!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Finnwinter
If he witnesses a creature attaking another creature he gets super angry and will hunt down the attacker.
This can be useful for you, if he watches you getting attacked by let's say a Bearyena.

What is 'witnessing?' Within their eyesight range? How big will that be? 

He sounds useful for deadly hills...not so much for my hunters XD

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Finnwinter

Oh boy I sense a war already coming with this bear. Rabbils are like sweets. I can't resist the urge to hunt them.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Oh boy I sense a war already coming with this bear. Rabbils are like sweets. I can't resist the urge to hunt them.

I will survive. I completed the rabbil challenge once. You can't imagine how terrible it looked to me when I was watching Seri's videos and she hunted them. What a monsterous hunter she looked like to me!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

Poor Bear. He Just wants peace. 

Also... 

HA! FINALLY! This Bear is Just what I needed! Now you can no longer attack those poor innocent rogues or dodomingos! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

But still, While im I love the concept of these bears(we really needed more jungle fauna) I do think they need a redesign. I love them anyway and really appreciate the dev's work, so I dont care that much about their aspect, but... They just look too weirdly humanoid to fit in the wild. I would give The Brown Bear the arms of a balance Bear, and maybe make its legs less stubby and give it a hunched back. And the green Bear Just needs more bear like arms and legs. Maybe it could be on all fours instead of sitting. Sorry, just saying my opinion. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, thivid08 said:

But still, While im I love the concept of these bears(we really needed more jungle fauna) I do think they need a redesign. I love them anyway and really appreciate the dev's work, so I dont care that much about their aspect, but... They just look too weirdly humanoid to fit in the wild. I would give The Brown Bear the arms of a balance Bear, and maybe make its legs less stubby and give it a hunched back. And the green Bear Just needs more bear like arms and legs. Maybe it could be on all fours instead of sitting. Sorry, just saying my opinion. 

I like these suggestions, I was thinking of something similar myself ^^

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thivid08 said:

Poor Bear. He Just wants peace. 

Also... 

HA! FINALLY! This Bear is Just what I needed! Now you can no longer attack those poor innocent rogues or dodomingos! 

Depending on the stats of the bear he might just become a really easy to lure food source too

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jojo said:

Depending on the stats of the bear he might just become a really easy to lure food source too

Nah, its a peaceful creature that finds your house and burns it if you hurt someone, of course its gonna be  ridiculously strong! Its like a buff winnie pooh

• Like 6

Honestly, these bears really remind me of certain types of people at school. The Brown bear is that huge guy who loves to sit and smell the flowers, but he crushes you if you Touch them. And the green bear is that muscular guy that you use as a meat shield. But its also kind of like a panda badger, because he Just does Not care about anything, but everything fears it. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Finnwinter
Currently planned for snow and grassland biome.

Nice! That means we can get both bears at the same time! But what are their stats like? (please make the Brown one ridiculously strong) 

Also, would they fight each other if the green bear attacks a nicheling and the Brown bear sees it? That would be Awesome to watch! And, also, are they diurnal or nocturnal? 

• Like 3

I really like how these Two creatures introduce mutualistic relationships into the game. Also, they fit perfectly into the environment! Pure jungle islands have always been empty in terms of fauna, as there are only fish, apes and nichelings. The ecosystem makes sense anyway, as all creatures are omnivores, but still there were many unexplained things, such as the fact that in jungle islands there are clearings with no grass, and also, for some reason, apes spawn in trees, but they are huge! So that can only mean that apes spend their childhood in trees, only going down when they become adults. But what can they fear? Why do they need trees as babies? And why haven't they wiped out all nichelings in the island if they are such great predators? The green bear provides the perfect explanation! I think that The bear, while it is mostly a plant eater, it eats baby apes. Thats why apes live in trees when they are young, and thats why they fear the bear, because even after growing up, they are still traumatized by it. And the clearings are also explained by the bear! Basically, it eats The grass in an área and it moves out, leaving free space for other plants to grow. This bear is also probably the reason why rogue males survive in jungles. 

• Like 5

Then there is the Brown bear, which also introduces an Awesome mutualistic relationship. But its weird, because it gains nothing by protecting the weak. I guess that its size and power mean it has no predators, so it just likes defending weak creatures. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thivid08 said:

I really like how these Two creatures introduce mutualistic relationships into the game. Also, they fit perfectly into the environment! Pure jungle islands have always been empty in terms of fauna, as there are only fish, apes and nichelings. The ecosystem makes sense anyway, as all creatures are omnivores, but still there were many unexplained things, such as the fact that in jungle islands there are clearings with no grass, and also, for some reason, apes spawn in trees, but they are huge! So that can only mean that apes spend their childhood in trees, only going down when they become adults. But what can they fear? Why do they need trees as babies? And why haven't they wiped out all nichelings in the island if they are such great predators? The green bear provides the perfect explanation! I think that The bear, while it is mostly a plant eater, it eats baby apes. Thats why apes live in trees when they are young, and thats why they fear the bear, because even after growing up, they are still traumatized by it. And the clearings are also explained by the bear! Basically, it eats The grass in an área and it moves out, leaving free space for other plants to grow. This bear is also probably the reason why rogue males survive in jungles. 

this is a really cool idea for the lore! i really like the idea of the bear eating baby apes.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, Basil said:

Currently, with a sudden spark of inspiration, I'm sort of redesigning the bears lmao

If I'm able to get a new computer I'll post a pic of what I'm doing to redesign them.

Originally I thought that the brown bear was vicious so I kinda based it off a badger and a bearyena mix and made it aggressive, more aggressive than normal bearyenas. I called this bear the "Badger Bearyena". It's also slightly larger than the regular bearyena. This bear is highly aggressive and is slightly stronger than the average bearyena, constantly following and attacking your creatures until it's killed.

For the green bear I made it a "Spectacled Bearyena" based of the spectacled bear that is generally peaceful in the wilds. It sticks to eating plants and berries, similar to the description of the green bear. This bear is slightly smaller than your average bearyena and is more skittish and less dangerous. Only attacks you if you attack it. It's also weaker than the average bearyena.

I have designs but I have no idea how to post them up in the forms cause I don't have a good phone (takes bad/blurry pics) and it can't access the forums, I'll figure it out somehow ^^

i like these ideas, but i gotta say i love the idea of the badger bear more than the spectacled bear. probably cause i had a mental image in my head for that one, and the green one just looked weird in my head.

also i like fighting vicious predators cause i like to make up story haha

• Like 3