Stray Fawn Community

Why do wanderers have unlimited moves?

Larawolf

This question is basically all in the title, but for as long as I've played this game I've always wondered why our nichelings are limited to their 3 gems but a wanderer/rogue can move/gather as much as they want without running out of energy. This has never really made sense to me considering that they're the same creatures as nichelings, especially with the fact a wanderer added in is now limited to the 3 moves. 

• Like 5

I suspect they would be too hard to find otherwise. Mostly because they don't clear grass and spend a lot of time digging. Predators would kill them more often, too. You've probably thought of this already, the difference might just be that the devs want one to meet more wanderers under the belief that it improves gameplay. Does it? I would personally agree. 

Seeing that, if they don't move enough, other options would be to spawn in more wanderers or have them live longer. They're both problematic in their own right, so we're stuck with unlimited movement, which could probably be capped at 10.

• Like 4

From a lore standpoint, I think its a situation with The hormones. Maybe, a nicheling's gems have something to do with hormones. Once they are in a pack, even if its just Two, nichelings become much calmer since they have an avilable mate, and they can split resource gathering and exploring between each other, so as a result, do to the help from others, they become much lazier and sloth like in nature. However, wanderers have no partner, so they have to find food and mark territory all by themselves, while also running from predators and trying to secure a mate. With all this trouble, their body excretes extra hormones, accelerating their metabolism to extreme levels, Changing from being sloth like to shrew like in nature. They are much better at surviving by themselves, but this comes at the cost of a super rapid metabolism, so they eat every resource they can find in order to keep going. 

• Like 6