Stray Fawn Community

Wolf Challenge

AMEcco

I'm back! And after a long absence, I came up with my own way to keep my Niche playthroughs fresh; a challenge based on the social structure of wolves. I know that this sort of challenge has already been done before but here is my take on it. Please let me know if you try it and if you like it, please give me ideas for more animal based challenges. I am thinking of making rules for a lion challenge and a hyena challenge too.

Rules

• Can be done on any island but I perfer starting in snowy biomes because of their abundance of prey and the challenge they present.
  • Your starting male and female are your first breeding pair. Mark them both as alphas. As long as they are alive, they are the only nichelings in their pack allowed to breed.
  • When a nicheling gains all three of their gems, they can stay in their natal pack or disperse at any time.
  • But be aware that when a nicheling leaves its natal pack, that it can never return.
  • Dispersal nichelings can either start new packs or live as lone nichelings. Give any new pack a new gemstone colour combination and give lone nichelings their own unique combination too.
  • Only accept wanderers with the ability to hunt.
  • Children born to rogue males must leave their natal packs when they gain three gems.
  • If there are no nichelings suitable to succeed the breeding pair when they die, the pack has officially died out and any remaining nichelings must disperse.

I'll probably be posting this onto the Niche Challenge steam group too 🙂

• Like 7

How would ranks work in this challenge? Like how would you know what creatures would be marked as omega or something? I suppose you could pick your omegas and betas and stuff, but say you could keep a rouge born child to be omega?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil said:

How would ranks work in this challenge? Like how would you know what creatures would be marked as omega or something? I suppose you could pick your omegas and betas and stuff, but say you could keep a rouge born child to be omega?

The ranking is totally up to the player but i find that I rank nichelings who bring in the least food as omegas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1