Stray Fawn Community

Genes, Elders, Bird Events, Breeding Season, and Carrying Baby Nichelings

DragonRyderRed

Something I've wished for ever since I lost my first baby Nicheling to a wandering Bearyena is the ability to pick up baby Nichelings and move them as long as they have one gem or less. That way, a parent could move them to safety in case of danger. I've also wondered what would happen if there were a random event that might happen when a young Nicheling is taken by a bird. Instead of being taken, they just lose a lot of their life span and are left with the "bleeding" debuff if their strength is high enough?

Other things that I think would be cool to implement include, but are not limited to, a breeding season (increases rogue male spawn rate, baby Bearyena spawn rate, and general fertility of Nichelings for a short time every so often?), an elder stage (where breeding becomes impossible? The breeding option could just be greyed out with the message "this animal is too old to breed."), and new genes to eat the bark off trees. Trees could also be used to claim territory by marking them with claws or antlers? This might discourage the spawn rate of wandering Nichelings and increase the spawn rate of predators? Another gene I'd like to see is an underwater "smelling" gene. It wouldn't have to be a nose, but it could be a more fish-like sensory organ. There could also be an antennae in the antler slot to act as a smelling buff, if Nichelings were to develop bug-like genes.

• Like 5

Thanks so much, Topaz!  ;D

I might have to steal your idea, muahahahahaaa!  :P jk but is it alright if I play around with colors on my own subjects? It's just so cool!

Anyways, in regards to your ideas:

I like the idea of picking up a baby and moving them, though I think the act of picking them up should cost one energy to balance things out. I also think that the bird event idea is cool; so long as the baby has, maybe, 5 strength it could be dropped by the bluebird away from the other nichelings, maybe like ten hexagons away, so your nichelings would have to rush out toward the baby. I still think babies who don't have a high enough strength should be taken forever, though. I like the breeding season idea! And also the elder idea, although I think that might only apply for females, whereas the males could breed until they die, but with decreased fertility. As for the bark idea, I really like it, and I think the perfect gene for it is already in the game: Antlers! In real life, deer rub their antlers on trees and the bark gets stripped off!  ;D

ALSO!!!

Just because I really like your ideas, here's something important you need to know if you want the Niche Team not to ignore this topic you've made: It needs a clear title! "Assorted Ideas" doesn't say what it is you're talking about, and it will probably be ignored. Maybe something more like "BlueBirds, Breeding, Elders, and Genes!" ?

ALSO!!!

Just because I really like your ideas, here's something important you need to know if you want the Niche Team not to ignore this topic you've made: It needs a clear title! "Assorted Ideas" doesn't say what it is you're talking about, and it will probably be ignored. Maybe something more like "BlueBirds, Breeding, Elders, and Genes!" ?

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for tips and comments  :D

I'm just going to put this out, too late to have an impact now, but you could have fit all this into two threads, just a heads up for the, hopefully, next community suggestion run.

I can say the only times I've lost baby nichelings is when a bluebird's showed up and I didn't notice, I have a tendency to kill bearyena's on sight, but being able to puck up and move younger nichelings would be handy and nice to have. The bluebird would make sense, since they wouldn't always get a good grip. Maybe chances could be increased by fangs and claws? The idea of a breeding season with positives and negatives sounds cool, having to watch your females for rogues and having increased fertility is nice.

I've expressed my support for an elder stage where colours start to dull and breeding is either harder or impossible before, so I'm happy to do so again. And I'm always a fan of more varied genes.