Stray Fawn Community

I hear this game will be updated early next year

Wander

That's exciting. What are you most excited about? What do you want to be added the most?

Me? Like, new genes are cool and all... But what I really want are quality of life updates.
Things like more specific notifications, telling you which gene you unlocked.
Better explanations telling what genes do what. I was really confused with peacock tail and purr snout when I first started.
The ability to tell which islands you've already visited.
Children inheriting their gemstone colors, so you don't have to change them every time they grow up one stage.

• Like 6

Just now, RandomWanderer said:

I only wanted the option to modify islands. Free genes are nice, though.

So I'll be leaving Niche, as there isn't new content to work with. 

Oh yeah, like a sandbox mode?
I seen a lot of people asking for that too.
With the ability to pick what 2 creatures u start with.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

I only wanted the option to modify islands. Free genes are nice, though.

So I'll be leaving Niche, as there isn't new content to work with. 

Leaving? What do you mean!

I liked the island modification idea best too. But I’m hyped for creating the starters, all genes unlocked, blind genes mode, and sharing nichelings!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

Leaving? What do you mean!

Well, it's been nice, but at some point the game just becomes unplayable. Handcrafting islands would have made more stories possible, as would the ability to keep tribes on multiple islands. 

I hope that you find at least some of your favourites well implemented, but for me, that's just the last straw. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I'm the most excited about the aging options and free genes :D That will make a warrior cats challenge really easy to do. Oh and the blind genes mode as well!

25 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

Well, it's been nice, but at some point the game just becomes unplayable. Handcrafting islands would have made more stories possible, as would the ability to keep tribes on multiple islands. 

I hope that you find at least some of your favourites well implemented, but for me, that's just the last straw. 

I understand, though I don't have that problem with Niche, I hope that you stick around the forums :)

• Like 4

My dreams are coming true with the option to create your starters! I'll make Ossen and Dragon Tear and Karhu. Then they'll have babies. Lot's of babies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 8:15 AM, Lilytuft said:

My dreams are coming true with the option to create your starters! I'll make Ossen and Dragon Tear and Karhu. Then they'll have babies. Lot's of babies.

violently ships Dragon Tear with Ossen

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I think the main issue is that people expect too much from the game developers. There are some ideas that may prove too difficult and time consuming, especially where they are trying to put more focus into their other works. Though I think its a great thing that this community has a bounty of ideas for future updates, its not fair to the people who have put so much work into the game to say you're quitting because they wont implement the one thing you wanted. I understand completely being frustrated and no longer playing the game if it no longer interests you, but I feel like there's no need to act like its the game developers fault that what's currently in the game isn't holding your attention. Sorry for the rant, I've just been playing this game for so long and seen how much the makers have put into it that it hurts me to see people saying that it's not enough. 

No harsh feelings meant here, just something I wanted to get off my chest. Feel free to respond if you feel differently. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Larawolf said:

I think the main issue is that people expect too much from the game developers. There are some ideas that may prove too difficult and time consuming, especially where they are trying to put more focus into their other works. Though I think its a great thing that this community has a bounty of ideas for future updates, its not fair to the people who have put so much work into the game to say you're quitting because they wont implement the one thing you wanted. I understand completely being frustrated and no longer playing the game if it no longer interests you, but I feel like there's no need to act like its the game developers fault that what's currently in the game isn't holding your attention. Sorry for the rant, I've just been playing this game for so long and seen how much the makers have put into it that it hurts me to see people saying that it's not enough. 

No harsh feelings meant here, just something I wanted to get off my chest. Feel free to respond if you feel differently. 

No, I do agree that the danger lies in expectations. If it hadn't been the by far most voted for suggestion, I'd probably just have dismissed the idea that it could ever be implemented. 

However, another part that was deemed too much work did get a part in the update. Feedback is necessary, and since 'offline' players are in the minority here, it felt important enough to at least add one comment, as others likely won't.

It's an unpopular opinion. I get that. But I'm not frustrated, or even angry. Just disappointed that a sandbox update won't add much box to the sand, and likely never will. It's something that would have added more replayability, as it offers new paths in story potential. But you know that anyway. 

It's about what one values more highly, and in a very, very subjective way, niche could have needed that. Instead, options were chosen that speed up the time required to get a nice set up. That's great in its own way, but not necessarily the essence of a sandbox to some. 

As mentioned, I would have left anyway. A good argument is then, that I hardly have reason to claim it would add too much life. Or even that prolonging replayability isn't completly optimal, as people will hardly buy the game twice for it. 

These are completely valid viewpoints.  But this isn't about one feature, but the direction the update will be headed in, easing set up vs. custom maps. Adding input about the potential of either is necessary, but subjective. As you know, in the end, it comes down to what is feasible and what was prefered. Option 2 did get quite some votes. It can't be ignored, though I doubt commenting on the issue will change anything, nor should it by default.

Making clear beforehand what can be expected, or at least the preference of direction, might be beneficial to future updates, should there be some (the game is already amazing as it is) or rather, paid Add Ons, if there is interest. Voting for Add Ons and their direction in particular might increase sales.

A few players like myself hardly matter. However, feedback should be voiced when it comes to major steps in the direction of the game, even if it is expected to be ignored. Maybe someone else thought of something alike. Maybe it has zero merit and will be drowned in a sea of opinions. Only one way to find out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Larawolf said:

I'd be fine if they didn't even implement new things.
I just mostly want them to tweek old things.
Make it more clear which tiles will take you to the next island
In-game explanations for genes or mobs, so you're not always visiting the niche wiki trying to figure stuff out

I'm sure this kind of stuff can't be all that hard.
Not like making new 3d models for new genes.
Or coding new behaviors in new predators.

I just feel like adding new stuff without improving these old problems will make things harder and more complicated for new players

• Like 4

Most of all, I want the new bears, and the ability to modify the lifespans and stats of other creatures so I can make an eternal overpowered reincarnation of lord Kevin. By the way, will a New island be added? 

• Like 3