Stray Fawn Community

Whims Playthrough (Question)

bannergirl411

Since everyone seems to be doing playthroughs lately, I figured I'd do one of my own. The whims are my favorite of Seri's series. 🤣 So I figured I'd try doing it myself. Rule are the same as hers. No looking at genes, one mutation is randomly generated and the tribe size is generated randomly each time a new Patriarch or Matriarch is chosen.

1454768620_WhimsStarters.png.974dd57c691c19eb99cfcc5431841229.png

We start off with Shepherd and Gingerbread. They look very similar, perhaps they are cousins lost together from the same tribe. Shepherd has beautiful Blue Eyes and a Claw I am sure will be useful. Gingerbread has a Diggers Paw. I always have a hard time getting Diggers Paw, I hope she passes it on to her children.

288512162_Thekids.png.f255b9c241b2f1c173c2b52de2035349.png

I immediately begin the challenge. We can have 11 tribe members as long as Gingerbread is alive. She was given Spots in her mutations by me and Black Horn Color from the Whims. Shepherd got Good Eyesight from me and Red Pattern from the Whims. Three children are born in succession; Dancer with her beautiful Antlers, Elfie who inherited that useful Claw from his father and St. Nick with his Cracker Jaw. Wish I knew where that came from.

Comet.png.c92c696bd7cbc2573e7934b3676326ca.png

Another son is born. This one with Antlers, Blue Eyes and Cracker Jaw. I love him. His name is Comet.

Wanderer.png.c1ea834b8d789049a90fce29e08a50ae.png

We have encountered our first wanderer. Her name is Skates. She and Elfie have fallen in love despite a large age gap. She is nearly twice his age. They immediately prepare for a child. Elfie gets Pattern shape D from the whims and Spots from me. Skates gets Deformed Paw from the Whims and I am trying to combat them with Runners Leg.

901026139_NewIsland.thumb.png.389ac6feed7ddc77213e1a3f671d93ce.png

I think I heard a beareyna, so its time to go. You can see baby Puck sleeping in the back. Next time I will need to gather food.

• Like 4

Skates is elderly and ready to give birth. as soon as they arrive at the new island she makes herself a nest and settles in.

fangs.thumb.png.f7109cd4cd6840817d09969b6fc766f5.png

Is that? Poison Fangs? Must breed him later, need more fangs. Wish I had time to breed her again... Baby with poison fangs is named Hockey.

383417984_Secontgeneration.thumb.png.9e05716b5ac2a598fec6b3122f47d7c1.png

Shepherd and Skates die of old age. Dancer will soon be matriarch and mates with her brother Comet as there are unfortunately no unrelated males yet. Dancer gets red pattern from the Whims and Spots from me. Comet gets no Albinisim from the Whims and Blue Eyes from me. Gingerbread dies and Dancer is now matriarch. Tribe size goes up to 16.

215398387_WhimsTwins.png.866bec36c793e870823c654fb7ae41f4.png

TWINS! They look identical except for color. The orangey one is named Vixen and has moms brown eyes. The red one is Cupid and has dads blue eyes. I think I'll breed both with their Poison fanged cousin.

We just unlocked Nimble Fingers, which I plan on putting in every mutation menu for the foreseeable future. Hope you are enjoying my little story. 

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

Young Puck has gone exploring in hopes that he will find a mate.

Puck.thumb.png.36e39a36d003c61761f106e0b2f0cb1d.png

So far only Dodomingos have been found.

Dasher.thumb.png.8afec703e42413d146499bc960b7ebcb.png

The Twins have a baby brother. His name is Dasher. Now no mare babies till we get some food.

Rouge.thumb.png.2eb413d0c49cf4794d14d7475afd3ed4.png

Gross, A rouge male. And its Dancers last day. She will have one more baby.

Prancer.thumb.png.48b688d7e6aaf6cf431ffacd9c561e4d.png

What a pretty little girl. Her name is Prancer and she will be the next Matriarch. The tribe size goes down to 10. Thats ok, we are only at 8 right now. The twins are finally of age to have babies. They mate with Hockey. Hockey Is given Good Eyes from the Whims and Nimble Fingers from me. Vixen is given Black Fur from the Whims and Nimble Fingers from me. Cupid is given Chesnut Brown fur from the Whims and you guessed it Nimble Fingers from me. I need those nimble fingers.

Cant wait to see how their babies turn out.

• Like 3

Sorry, Havent had much time to play this week. Short update, Comet and Elfie have died. 

Babies.thumb.png.b292cd099edd8edbcf5bd2961a0801f9.png

Vixen gives birth to Chippy who has those Nimble fingers I wanted. Cupid has Donner, a cracker jaw with claw. Time to breed again.

560222395_Sicklyandtwins.png.4f1f20499ecd4771a21d0e920c77143a.png

Vixen has a sickly little boy named Kole. He has beautiful coloring and a set of Nimble fingers. Cupid has a set of twins Jolly And Joker. We are now over our limit of 10 so Puck is going to become a wanderer.

Eww.thumb.png.bc2b2f9980de0eaf3a2f636039c25b19.png

Ewww, Cupid was attacked by a rouge Male. Not sure I want her to have this Baby, but on the other hand we are low on Female Nichelings... What to do?

Hello.png.1972fed17329735f9e3eb74125a5ef9b.png

Oh my gosh, you are gorgeous! Cant invite in due to numbers, but Prancer is so breeding with him to have a baby later.

Attack.thumb.png.7773070c398dad17ff23caf3a5d406d9.png

A Beareyna Attacks Dasher While he is Exploring. Donner to the Rescue!

• Like 3

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Dasher has died from his injuries in the Beareyna Attack. I have decided to allow Cupid to have her Rouge baby in hopes of a girl being born. I have also Bread Vixen with Hockey one last time, as he will be dying soon.

165534257_MoreBoys.thumb.png.d59f36b8e5d07e7e8334502bb2335212.png

Sigh, more boys. Little rouge boy is named Grinch. He has ram horns and one nimble finger. Nothing else going for him. Vixens son is quite lovely. Double nimble fingers and Spots! Two of my favorite things. He is named Gabriel.

Grinch.thumb.png.a7c16d62a21eeca762e919a3a89aa0d5.png

Young Grinch understands at an early age that he doesnt quite fit in with the tribe and decides to become a wanderer. The Tribe wishes him well in his adventures. Vixen and Cupid have died of old age and Vixen's sickly son Kole has passed from his illness. Tribe is down to 7 members, need to bread...

Pixie.thumb.png.1a90d34fe13eefac1ca3c86fe7103be9.png

We have Discovered a Poison Fanged, Nimble Finger/Runners Leg, Big Bodied, Female Nicheling! Yes Please! She mates with Jolly after being invited into the tribe.(Jolly is the one behind the bluebird that just randomly appeared) The Whims give Pixie Small Pattern and I give her Spots, Jolly gets Red Pattern from the Whims and Nimble Fingers from me. Baby Spiria is born. She looks very much like her Father, nothing crazy or special from what I can see. But finally a girl! She will be mated to Gabriel when they come of age. Pixie has just enough time for one more baby.

Gumdrop.thumb.png.ae25d33918d4bed4bfd4d2c74d3807e8.png

Pixie dies and leaves behind a little boy who is the spitting image of her. Same color, and with the Poison fangs I wanted. His name is Loche. Prancer finally has her baby with that beautiful wanderer we saw. The entire tribe agrees that she is the Prettiest Nicheling they have ever seen. She is named Gumdrop.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We have lost Chippy to old age.

990867699_BabyGumdrop.png.08096af917848a40928550c5acc61a0a.png

Baby Gumdrop is more beautiful every day.

Poison.thumb.png.336e2cb98bf2d5d9b6f6914c30f6e0fc.png

Loche has found some poisonous berry bushes and is happily eating from them to bring our food count up. Jokey and Jolly have now died of old age.

673604232_AngelFamily.thumb.png.c1587c96b0f8e43da25b085d5c036812.png

Spiria and Gabriel have started a family together. Spiria was given White fur from the Whims and the newly unlocked Digging paw from me. Gabriel was give Blue Eyes from the Whims and Black Pattern from me. Their son Blitzen was born with his mother's coloring and his fathers Antlers. Daughter Cocoa is a beautiful chocolate color with icy blue eyes, but unfortunately is quite sickly.

Stormy.png.6d5e3e0efbefbe6d84969a2debb5d6cd.png

Ok Im gunna need some Help! Prancer has just died and I need to choose a new Matriarch. My plan was to choose Gumdrop, but Spiria and Gabriel just had this lovely child named Stormy. So tell me who I should pick, Gumdrop or Stormy? I will tally the votes and decide on Friday.

• Like 2

• bannergirl411 changed the title to Whims Playthrough (Help me Pick a New Matriarch)

I'd say Gumdrop! I've fallen to how appealing she looks and those ram horns- who could resist those ram horns?

Also, since Stormy is a child of a wanderer there's a way higher chance of her carrying low fertility, blindness, short-sightedness, hemophilia, and other bad genes ^^;;

EDIT: Pfft, ignore me being dumb since I thought Stormy was the child of the female wanderer but I still stand by with Gumdrop lol-

Edited by Takoyaki
me being stupid yikes-
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zeryxis said:

Gumdrop, you know her genes are solid, you can't risk hemophilia spreading around! Even if she's only carrying it, that cuts your male's chances in half, and can only get worse!!

You have Loche for poison fangs for now, too.

It is a Whims Playthrough, I know nothing about any of their genes. Any of them could have hemophilia.

12 hours ago, Takoyaki said:

I'd say Gumdrop! I've fallen to how appealing she looks and those ram horns- who could resist those ram horns?

Also, since Stormy is a child of a wanderer there's a way higher chance of her carrying low fertility, blindness, short-sightedness, hemophilia, and other bad genes ^^;;

EDIT: Pfft, ignore me being dumb since I thought Stormy was the child of the female wanderer but I still stand by with Gumdrop lol-

Gumdrop is the child of my former matriarch and A gorgeous wanderer. Stormy is the grandchild of the poison fanged wanderer we took in. Either one has wanderer genetics.

2 hours ago, bannergirl411 said:

It is a Whims Playthrough, I know nothing about any of their genes. Any of them could have hemophilia.

Ah, but you DO have some idea of the genes, esp expressed ones(fangs). However, with Stormy being the grandchild of a wanderer, it makes her a little less likely to have as many "wild" genes as Gumdrop.

I'd say if you really want to, push Stormy into the lead and have Loche at her side to increase your poison fang gene pool options.

• bannergirl411 changed the title to Whims Playthrough (And the new Matriarch is...)

Stormy.png.5a2fb6bd34e10a7cdf38f793d76c3f52.png

STORMY!

Decision.thumb.png.7efc7821ad8a9d96bd678423be149372.png

In a move shocking the rest of her tribe, Gumdrop declines to become the next matriarch, preferring instead a quiet life with her beloved Loche. She passed the leadership role to her cousin Stormy and tribe size goes up to 17! YAY lots of BEBES! Loche and Gumdrop decide to start a family. Loche is given medium tail from the Whims and Yellow fur from me. Gumdrop is given Black Horn color from the Whims and Purple Eyes from me.

Dandeelion.png.260df8e6e5de9a5e858a7461912870dc.png

Baby Dandeelion has been born! With Big body and Nimble Fingers like her father. Time to try for another baby, preferably a boy to mate with Stormy.

Tribe.thumb.png.82496bd904af7be8fdca1e81fa1554d6.png

Sooo Gumdrop had another girl. This one with lighter fur than her sister and Green eyes that I dont know where came from. She is named Sunny. Spiria has had a son. He is very light grey with nimble fingers. Not sure about breeding him with Stormy, too closely related. Might be a mate for Dandeelion and Sunni though.

Mimi.thumb.png.3d04f0a80e6630d7134b7430357f0b2e.png

Another girl! This one with moms face and everything else is dad. She is named Mimi. Trying again. Need boys!

• Like 5