Stray Fawn Community

New Tribe

Kitten

So, I am starting a brand new Story Mode tribe, and I need a few suggestions.

(1) How do you guys stick with a tribe? I end up deleting mine because it gets hectic.

(2) How should I go about putting in gods and goddesses into my new tribe?

(3) Please give me some good name suggestions for my creatures!

Thank you for reading this! ^^

• Like 2

1. er... use gem colors to sort, often look at family tree

2. Only creatures who have shown great evil/good or introduced a new gene

3. Kori, El/ellie Zonk Zan Sindhi Ejaj Fusa Luya Sibu Sizani Sibon 

3.5. Isabel, Nut, Sandy, Hope, Stripe, Freedom, New

P.S. I've made a whole document of niche names and what they mean to the nichelings 

• Like 2

1. I usually only stick to one group since im horrible at multi-tasking and keep my population at about 20-30 since I've reached 100+ nichelings once which didn't end very well ^^;;

2. If the nicheling saves the tribe from extinction, if you get some sort of attachment to a certain nicheling, or if they excel in some sort of skill 

3. I can't come up with names as of right now but I usually go off of foods and gods if that helps!

• Like 1

1. By "hectic" do you mean that the family tree gets too large hard to read? Hard to remember who is related to who?
I deal with that by not caring. Just have everybody breed with anybody who has different immunity.

2. I don't have gods or goddesses

3. You probably won't like the names I use.
I don't like constantly checking between the two animals to see if they have good enough genes to make a healthy child.
Example of a male with H and F immunity might be named "M-HF" for short in my tribe.
Don't even need to click the females to see who's safe to breed with. Just hover mouse over them.
Example of a safe female would be "F-KC". The male has immunities H and F, breeding with immunities K and C is safe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, elisabeth said:

(1) How do you guys stick with a tribe? I end up deleting mine because it gets hectic.

Try to keep it down to around 20 nichelings. Give your nichelings cosmetic mutations to make them too beautiful to delete!

• Like 1

1. A limited tribe size usually helps (20 is a really good number) also telling stories helps as well. Giving your Nichelings personality will automaicly limit the tribe size a bit because you play along with what you think their personality is and not just breed to survive.

2. Usually Nichelings that have done something outstanding and that I like for whatever reason becomes my gods and godesses. I already have quite a few so newcomers aren't that often. Don't stress about adding Gods, you'll probably know when a Nicheling should become one (usually because you can't get them out of your head).

• Like 3

1)

-Like what some of the other people said, don't overbreed. I like to keep my tribes small (10-20 creatures at a time) because it lets me give personalities and tell stories with my creatures, and still get through the days fairly quickly. 

-Spend some time collecting food and getting good genes on your creatures, then stories are easy to tell without having to worry about your tribe's survival.

-Make all your tribe members look and have unique abilities. When I have a tribe with creatures that basically all look the same, it;s hard to tell them apart and they all tend to have similar personalities. If a creature has bad genes, unless your tribe actually can't support them, don't banish them, for some reason I get attached to creatures that have terrible genes.

2)

-A tribe member that stands out, or has done something great

3)

-I normally use names from niche youtubers/ name suggestions from commenters on niche videos

• Like 1

1. Do a challenge! It makes everything a lot more fun ^^ Also, don't breed too much. If you get too many creatures, take your favorites/ones with the genes you need and run to the next island.Then you get to start from scratch with them! I also find that it's more fun when you don't have much food than when you have so much food you don't know what to do with it. If you want, you can do 'change berry count - (number)', and it will remove some food from your storage.
  2. If I super duper really like a creature, I usually find them a place. It can also be a creature that did something super heroic, like sacrificed themselves to an ape for the good of the tribe (R.I.P. Kinarri, you are forever remembered as a god), or the first creature to defeat a Killer bearyena in any of your tribes.
  3. I just make them up. I like to make weird/funny ones too (ex. Amused Grass, Beaky Nightmare, Not Unique, Duyusiimi). Sometimes I just give one a regular name, or a slightly changed one (ex. Annie=Annini).
  • Like 2

So I’m a week or so late, but I honestly don’t care:

1. For me to stick with a tribe for a very long time, I have to find a reason to. Am I doing a challenge? Perhaps I just like the genetics of all my creatures? The lore, maybe?
  2. My logic: if it fits the theme of your tribe or they did something important for your tribe, automatic god status.
  3. I like names that are nature-esque or that are foreign.
  • Like 2