Stray Fawn Community

Secret Niche Art Santa

Sky

Let's have a Secret Santa, but with Niche Art! 

435061827_MeringueChristmas.gif.2d9e2afa6b2622aee1d18ba40ad726b0.gif

How it works:

1. Everybody who wants to participate replies here with a Nicheling they'd like art of
  2. On the 22nd, this topic will automatically lock
  3. I will use a randomizer to pick who gets who
  4. I'll PM the participants to say who got who
  5. Everybody makes art of the Nicheling the person they are Secret Santa for submitted
  6. I make a topic for everybody to post their finished art gift on, but the topic will be locked until Christmas Day
  7. On Christmas Day, the new topic will be unlocked, and everybody posts their gifts! (if you're not done yet, it's okay, take your time! I'll make sure your person knows that their Secret Santa is making sure their gift is perfect :))

Also, you can do it however you'd like; just the head, a full body, or whatever else there is! Digital, a drawing on paper, or something else!

Now, submit those pictures! :D

My Nicheling (yes, I'm joining in; I will know who my Secret Santa is, but I want to make somebody some art, soo :)) is the obvious:

NicheMeringue2018.png.70e35516b1eec70f03f2679ce15564ae.png

• Like 7

Define christmas day 24 or 25? Because I know this varies a little from country to country. Also I am worried that the time span might be a little bit short but I still want to participate (I mean my new graphic tablet just arrived today so I sorta have to do something now :D )

I'll submit Frostskull my Goddess of death. She was born into a pile of bones and therefore I almost didn't see her due to her albinism. Interpret that into the picture as you want to :3

Frostskull.thumb.jpg.5fc0659f05ed779c417a75dd5ddb21cd.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Define Christmas day 24 or 25? Because I know this varies a little from country to country. Also I am worried that the time span might be a little bit short but I still want to participate (I mean my new graphic tablet just arrived today so I sorta have to do something now :D )

The 25th. I wish i came up with this idea a little earlier. Also, take your time! I'm just letting people give their art on Christmas, but if you aren't done yet, it's fine!

• Like 3

I'm starting to get back into painting, so I would love to participate in this! I might get a sketch done for Christmas, since I'll be visiting my parents and I'll get the painting done once I've gotten home

Choosing my favourite Nicheling is so hard! I'm gonna provide two and let my secret santa decide, I think :D

First off is the prince of my original story mode playthrough, which fell victim to the curse of whale island.

The second is Chrome, who was the child of a jungle warrior who found us right when we needed help. She kept the tribe safe and fed in the mountains and her descendants continued to be the protectors of the tribe long after she was gone

Niche - a genetics survival game 20_12_2018 12_47_17 PM (2).png

Niche - a genetics survival game 20_12_2018 12_47_23 PM (2).png

Niche - a genetics survival game 13_07_2018 5_03_25 PM.png

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

The 25th. I wish i came up with this idea a little earlier. Also, take your time! I'm just letting people give their art on Christmas, but if you aren't done yet, it's fine!

Alright, thanks :D

Also you said we'll post the art ourselves or will you post it so that no one really knows who the secret santa is? (The traditions on that one always seem to change as well)

• Like 3

Well of course I gotta enter my god of life, Nuvan! Apologies to whoever has to draw all those spots! I unfortunatley dont have any other views of him, and his file was deleted, so I cant get any. Sorry! Just leave his spots up to interpretation, or try to recreate him in console if you need to! You'll have to guess at his other fur colour. It's not missing, the icon just didnt load at the time.

Nuvan.PNG.51fd82f3492518199d006233cf959110.PNG

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

Alright, thanks :D

Also you said we'll post the art ourselves or will you post it so that no one really knows who the secret santa is? (The traditions on that one always seem to change as well)

Each Secret Santa will post it themselves :D

• Like 3

618092861_likanaref.png.fbbb2e33acca5f9765dadcbc4df27612.png

Here's one of my favourite nichelings, Likana! She's the prettiest nicheling I've had without using the console, and I love her so much that I made an oc inspired by her XD She's pretty new, in fact she's still alive right now (at the time I'm typing this). 

Backstory: She is the leader of the tribe, becoming the leader at a very young age and migrating to a new mountain island without her parents and having to look after her younger siblings before adulthood. She is a very adventurous and somewhat reckless creature, which made her tribemates worry about her, as you can probably tell her cold resistance is terrible, and nobody wanted any harm to come to their leader. They tried all they could to stop her from getting into trouble. But this wasn't going to stop Likana. She and her sister Lara ran away one day, to explore the mountain and investigate the mysterious glacier in the north. But in the middle of the journey, Likana went too far from her sister, and almost froze to death. Luckily Lara was able to save her in time, and they found a creature with the digging trunk and a wing in the glacier. She's still alive, so I don't really have anything else to say about her.

Sorry that was long! But I hope whoever gets Likana has fun drawing her!

• Like 8

you cowards.. you absolute fools...

I am the only one who submitted a blind nicheling!

also, note to the topic creator, please dont give me a nicheling with wings, peacock tail, or stripes. im bad at stripes and wings and feathers and I dont want my gift to look like trash because of my art skills! Dots and no pattern are okay though. Just not too many dots I'll lose my sanity.

• Like 5

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

The art will be 'due' on December 27 instead of Christmas! However, if you aren't done yet, it's okay! Take as long as you need!

The 27th is my birthday

Also, what niche forum should I put the topic where everyone puts their art? Discussion or Fanart?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

The art will be 'due' on December 27 instead of Christmas! However, if you aren't done yet, it's okay! Take as long as you need!

The 27th is my birthday

Also, what niche forum should I put the topic where everyone puts their art? Discussion or Fanart?

probably fanart, considering the topic will be mostly filled with art pieces.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

The 27th is my birthday

I think fanart as well :D

• Like 3

Hey @Skysplash8, I’d love to participate but I’m not an artist. So I wanted to offer to distribute the people for you so yours can be a surprise too! I think that it should go on the fanart page. Also I like @bostonlobstah‘s idea where if everybody sends their art to either me or you and either me or you then posts it so participants can guess who their secret Santa is.

• Like 4