Stray Fawn Community

Self destruction system(not for core)

Fireball

It destroys blocks (except core) connected to(and further, only connection matters) or contacts(touch) it

P.S. sorry for my English

P.P.S I have more suggestions

P.P.P.S they can be used as "weak points"(when destroyed they will do their job)

6 replies to this post

You can use TNT as a parent; used with a decoupler to separate a part from anything you want to keep intact, you can use it to reduce anything connected to debris.  Another method often used is to use a heater to start a fire.

What I do is have a protected TNT piece that is the parent of any logic of cameras.  Any child of a destroyed part becomes debris, and cameras and logic will stop functioning.  Heaters that start a fire can help if you need to destroy the last bits of a drone for OCD reasons, but it will leave a heater behind.

TNT has recently been updated so that they can predictably destroy parts; previously, a part would regen hp between two explosions, so that two TNT pieces doing 500 HP of damage couldn't destroy a 1000 HP part.  That's been corrected by disabling regen for a moment.

There IS a lot of clumsiness on full breakdown, and a lot of various self-destruct ideas have come up.  Most of them, though, are very niche ideas, serving only one purpose.  The one I liked most was making TNT more customizable; making it a small radius heat-bomb instead of the massive concussion weapon it is now would let you start fires without a heat-resistant heater in the build.  I like it becauses it does enable full breakdowns like this, but it also serves many different potential purposes in making TNT more versatile.

I've experimented with heaterst that start fires, then are destroyed by weapons after the fire destroys a signal, and turns the heater to debris.  But that's a really complex and clumsy solution to a very simple requirement.

• Like 1