Stray Fawn Community

coconut claws

kakapo123

I'm not very good at introducing posts lol. Anyways here's another idea

The coconut claws would be based off of coconut crab pincers. Like in the crab, the size of the pincers would be different on one side from the other. If the gene affects the right paw the claw will be larger and add 2 cracking and 2 strength, but if the gene affects the left paw the claw will be smaller and add 1 cracking, 1 strength and 1 collecting

To unlock the coconut claws, you would need to attack crabbits a certain amount of times. I was thinking 50? Let me know what you think 

Also, I was thinking it could be changed so that coconuts requires at least 2 or 3 cracking for your nicheling to collect them. It seems a bit silly that it doesn't take any more cracking ability to crack open a coconut than it does to crack open an acorn

Heres a picture for reference

127175_0.jpg

Edited by BirdsAreCool
changed the stats to also add collecting
  • Like 5
  • Paw up 1

14 replies to this post

34 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

i looooove this! and i think that the coconuts should stay at one crack because then coconuts wouldn't be much of a useful resource, am i right? also, i really like the idea of the coconut claw, but maybe in addition to attacking crabbits, you have to crack anything in general? like maybe 100 times. In addition, though coconut claws if a great gene name, im not sure if those that are not on the forums would understand why it's called coconut claws, so maybe just call them lobster claws?

idk if im sounding too harsh or not im just trying to get my opinion out sorry :(

I think the coconuts should need more cracking than acorns because coconuts are a lot bigger and stronger than acorns and irl would require a lot more strength to get into. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, the only thing that would change would be that nichelings with only 1 nimble fingers gene wouldn't be able to get into them

The reason it's unlocked by attacking crabbits is because the gene is based on crabs and the crabbit is a hybrid between a crab and a rabbit. The cracker jaw is already unlocked by cracking open a certain amount of things so it would be better if this was unlocked in a different way

Coconut crabs aren't lobsters they're crabs, the clues in the name. Even so, most genes aren't named after a specific animal but are named after something to do with its abilities

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

upvoted! I like the idea of one claw being bigger than the other and the nichelings needing two cracking to collect them. but how would the claws look? would they be pointing upwards like the claw, or pointing down like the bearynea claw?

sorry for the really bad and rushed drawings, i just needed to get my point across quickly and i don't have my drawing tablet with me ;-;

claws pointing up.png

claws pointing down.png

I would make them point upwards, seeing as that's generally how people picture crabs holding their claws. Plus, it looks a wee bit silly having them just sort of dangling down like that :D

10 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

upvoted! I like the idea of one claw being bigger than the other and the nichelings needing two cracking to collect them. but how would the claws look? would they be pointing upwards like the claw, or pointing down like the bearynea claw?

sorry for the really bad and rushed drawings, i just needed to get my point across quickly and i don't have my drawing tablet with me ;-;

claws pointing up.png

claws pointing down.png

Awwww what a cutie ;D

• Like 1

i looooove this! and i think that the coconuts should stay at one crack because then coconuts wouldn't be much of a useful resource, am i right? also, i really like the idea of the coconut claw, but maybe in addition to attacking crabbits, you have to crack anything in general? like maybe 100 times. In addition, though coconut claws if a great gene name, im not sure if those that are not on the forums would understand why it's called coconut claws, so maybe just call them lobster claws?

idk if im sounding too harsh or not im just trying to get my opinion out sorry :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MountainDrake said:

What about 2 strength 2 cracking for the big one and 1 cracking 1 collecting for he small one? Crabs can use their claws to grab things. They are surely better at it than paws.

I never actually thought about cracking, and yeah I've never really thought it made sense for the runner paw and velvet paw to give collecting. I'll change them so they add collecting

upvoted!

i just love this idea. i have a few suggestions- to unlock the gene it should be that you need to attack a crabbit (or many) 25 times and or crack open a coconut 15 times. i would suggest the claws be facing downwards and be therefore very cute. haha. also, it would be suiting if it added +2 strength and +2 cracking!

15 hours ago, Fox said:

upvoted!

i just love this idea. i have a few suggestions- to unlock the gene it should be that you need to attack a crabbit (or many) 25 times and or crack open a coconut 15 times. i would suggest the claws be facing downwards and be therefore very cute. haha. also, it would be suiting if it added +2 strength and +2 cracking!

I already explained why the unlock method is to attack crabbits 50 times here:

On 4/3/2019 at 11:19 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

The reason it's unlocked by attacking crabbits is because the gene is based on crabs and the crabbit is a hybrid between a crab and a rabbit. The cracker jaw is already unlocked by cracking open a certain amount of things so it would be better if this was unlocked in a different way

I also explained why I prefer the claws facing upwards here, though I guess its down to personal opinion:

On 12/24/2018 at 2:57 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

I would make them point upwards, seeing as that's generally how people picture crabs holding their claws. Plus, it looks a wee bit silly having them just sort of dangling down like that :D

I changed the bigger claw back to +2 cracking and +2 strength, but I left the smaller claw with +1 cracking, +1 collecting and +1 strength

• Like 1