Stray Fawn Community

Hello, I am new!

Mmmmmm.  Sherbert.  You're already ahead of the game with an alias like that.

Welcome on board, and enjoy your stay; we're always glad to welcome a new voice.  Be sure to let a mod know if there;s anything we can do.  Whether it's helping you use the forum tools, or resolving a dispute, we're here.

Having an interest in genetic games, have you ever taken an interest in artificial life, genetic algorithms and simulations?  Galapagos and some of the more obscure, clunky artificial life sims were something I would run as screensavers, once upon a time.

• Like 1

Thanks, Lurkily!

I used to play the Creatures series a lot, and I still play from time to time. But when I was really into it, I used to dabble with the genetics editors a lot, and I actually made a genetic breed for it! It's not Mendelian genetics, but I still love dipping into a new baby norn's genes to see what they got from their parents and what they mutated themselves. If that counts as artificial life and genetic algorithms, then yeah, I am definitely interested in that kind of stuff!

• Like 1

I messed with some of the more obscure stuff.  There was one game called Galapagos - it was basically a simulated robot with no feedback except some reward mechanism if its flailing about got it closer to where you were clicking, which had to learn how to effectively move to reach a goal; it took several days of moving around to learn how to move its arms.  Another one was something similar to a game-of-life sim with different species that each had genetic traits.  They weren't a lot of fun, per se, but it was interesting to watch them develop with time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuzzysherbet said:

Hi! I'm fuzzysherbet, and I'm here for Niche. I've only had the game for a few days, but am definitely loving it! I first heard about the game from the Creatures Community, but only fully got into it once I saw some of JessiMew's videos.

Welcome! I actually just joined the Forum but have had Niche for a while. I hope you have a good time in our community! You will see me mainly in Discussions and Feedback!

• Like 1