Stray Fawn Community

more useful short snout

kakapo123

Ok, so I understand that the short snout is meant to be the "standard" snout, but I personally have quite a few problems with this.

First off, this allele isn't nearly common enough in the game to be considered standard. I've played this game for quite some time now, and I haven't come across a single nicheling with the short snout. Even if they made it so that either Adam or Eve was guaranteed to have it, then it could pass off as a standard allele that players should try to replace with other, more useful traits. As it stands though, the short snout might as well not be in the game

Another thing that bugs me about the short snout is that there is absolutely no benefit to it whatsoever. It gives 2 smelling, and that's it. Even the derp snout is more useful, seeing as it also gives 1 distasteful appearance (even though realistically speaking, it shouldn't, but I'll try not to nitpick too much). This, to me, seems pretty stupid. The derp snout, being deformed and rather ugly, is supposed to be the most undesirable snout type, yet even it has more use to a nicheling than the short snout

Finally, I would like to point out that there is no such thing as a "standard trait" in animals. If a certain adaptation is so prominent that people consider it standard, then there must be something about it that makes it so successful. The short snout has no advantages. It is a very basic snout that allows nichelings to eat, breath and smell, and there is no reason for it to be "standard" among nichelings when there are so many other, more useful snouts

So now that I've done ranting, I'll get to the point of this post. I'd like to suggest that some sort of benefit be added to the short snout. Personally, I think added cold resistance would work best. Often animals living in colder climates have shorter/smaller extremities to limit heat loss, so a short muzzle would be perfect for a nicheling living in a snowy environment 

related post:

5 replies to this post

If youre gonna upvote this suggestion (or downvote it or whatever) please use this first post

Also if anyone knows if it's possible to delete a post help would be appreciated

Edited by BirdsAreCool
Never mind the other one got taken down