Stray Fawn Community

Gender Mutations

TheCrazyDragonLady

I know this is a little far fetched, so it may work if you could turn it on and off in the settings or in the sandbox thingy. Perhaps there could be a mutation for your nichlings kit to be either female or male. The genes would both contribute a small chance of that gender, and would be very hard to unlock. One idea for unlocking it would be making it to home island when playing story mode, and it unlocks it permanently for both that tribe and tribes on other save files.

An alternate way would be that you could unlock it in any mode when you visit home island.

Maybe there could be a special island where you can unlock it, other than home island.

5 replies to this post

so I am confusion wHY CAN'T I REPLY

I can't even edit it to send an actual reply what are you playing at strayfawnstudio.com???

Anyways what I was going to say was it doesn't make any sense to add a mutation for gender when gender has nothing to do with genes

WWatch it not save this edit

Never mind it's all good in the hood

Edited by BirdsAreCool
lololol whyd it let me send that and not my actual reply helpp me I'm confused
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

Mmm. Maybe you should have to unlock the gene and have the mother eat a certain food or something, then we could have an explanation that it boosted the chance of gender? Since this is a thing- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3340540/Diet-before-pregnancy-can-affect-babys-sex-new-research-suggests.html 

I'm not entirely convinced by it, I never am about this sort of thing. How exactly is the mother's diet supposed to affect the baby's sex? o.O

While it seems like stuff and nonsense, I think having  a special food would work much better than a gene, which could become problematic if too many of your nichelings end up with it. Perhaps it could work like the healing plant, only it would be harder to come across. It would only have an affect on a pregnant nicheling, like the healing plant only has an effect on injured nichelings, and would give a boost towards the baby being one gender. It would only affect the female for one pregnancy, and the fruit would take a while to grow back. 

I'm still not really into the idea of having a way to influence a babies gender, which really should just be pot luck. Niche isa game all about genetics, and while some of the genes might not be realistic, I still think the basic genetics and inheritance and that should be kept as realistic as possible. I would definitely prefer to see a special food than a new gene though, at least that would be based on something. Even if it is a whole load of rubbish, at least there's a possibility there, and I mean we can have the purr snout with its magical healing abilities so I guess that's equally as unrealistic

• Like 1