Stray Fawn Community

I have a question for everyone

Broken

I don't like cracker jaw and beak.  Just because they look odd not because they do anything. I am no big fan of the looks of heat body but it is crazy useful on the long winter island so I kinda have to keep it around. I don't like lean body because it doesn't add strength and I hate accidentally having a Nicheling that has no strength and can't do anything. Oh and I am no big fan of gills either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, medicine cat said:

Aesthetically, i never liked beak, water body or gills. I prefer my nichelings to keep their "mammal" feel. I do like platypus, though.
Webbed paws are also annoying.

I don't mind water body but I get what you mean though. Oh yeah the webbed paw isn't great either (and in my opinion almost as useful as crippled paw)

• Like 2

Aesthetically, there aren’t any genes I really despise besides Derp Snout.

some genes that I would rather not have due to looks are gills, bearyena snout (it ran rampant in one of my tribes and I got sick of it very fast. I can’t tell the males from the females!), spiky body (no tail!? Why?) Webbed Hind legs, and I don’t really like bearyena hindlegs’ Butts...lol. I don’t like the shape of the toxic body but the colors are fun. Purr snout, especially with black eyes, can also get on my nerves but not as bad, and it depends on the animal. I used to hate cracker jaw but it’s kind of growing on me...will never be a favorite but I accept it now.

for some reason I don’t mind the beak, because it’s useful with the wings and I just...like birds, a lot. I also find the digging trunk to be too funny to hate.

For usefulness, I dislike toxic body and lean body, webbed paw, and obviously crippled paw.

• Like 1

I don't like Derp Snout, Webbed Hindlegs, Webbed Paw (my annini's Gifts tribe has been cursed with it in their mutation menus about 4 times so far :(), Bearyena Hindlegs (except when the creature has two wings), the obvious Deformed Paw, Digging Trunk, and mammoth Foot. I don't know why so many people hate Gills-- in my opinion, the creatures will Gills are always so cute! :D 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

I don't like Derp Snout, Webbed Hindlegs, Webbed Paw (my annini's Gifts tribe has been cursed with it in their mutation menus about 4 times so far :(), Bearyena Hindlegs (except when the creature has two wings), the obvious Deformed Paw, Digging Trunk, and mammoth Foot. I don't know why so many people hate Gills-- in my opinion, the creatures will Gills are always so cute! :D 

I dont understand some people. how can digging trunk and mammoth foot not look adorable? mammoth foot is one of my favourite paw genes, and digging trunk its adorable! I think the same with the gills, too- I dont love them, but most the time I dont think they are ugly.

I think the only case of webbed paw looking good is on my god of the seas, and on some of my albino platypus nichelings, on any other nicheling I think it looks ugly as hell lmao

• Like 2

Just now, heyitsgeorgie said:

I dont understand some people. how can digging trunk and mammoth foot not look adorable? mammoth foot is one of my favourite paw genes, and digging trunk its adorable! I think the same with the gills, too- I dont love them, but most the time I dont think they are ugly.

I think the only case of webbed paw looking good is on my god of the seas, and on some of my albino platypus nichelings, on any other nicheling I think it looks ugly as hell lmao

How does he not looks adorable to some people???

Niche2018Dukvan2.thumb.png.9a2e724004bec6b9a94e3df9b7ceb3e9.png

• Like 5

Aesthetically, I dislike purr snout, bird beak, cracker jaw, heat body, and spit snout. In terms of use, I dislike digging paw, digging trunk, webbed hind legs, shortsightedness (im less biased to blindness because it adds to hearing and smell), and hemophelia. There's probably more but I dunno em. I also dislike claw when its two of them doubled up.

I dont like digging trunk because you can just get the ability to dig through digging paw??? Why would you want a gene that gives you something you can get for much less effort. Also I dislike digging paw because it cant gather or fight, only dig, and you cant rely on roots for a main source of food.

• 4 weeks later...

Aesthecially, I do not like derp snout and purr snout (although the latter is quite useful). I love gills and poison fangs, soooo cute. 

I avoid wings unless I have a big population, because they do not help with feeding or gathering at all.

My breeding aim is gills, water body, fishing tail, lilac eyes, mask pattern, yellow and white color, antlers, and I try to have all kinds of front legs in the pack. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Veroni said:

Oh, and I forgot the ears: I find Hyena ears ugly, but want big ears. :)

HOW DARE YOU?! BEARYENA EARS ARE THE CUTEST!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Veroni said:

Oh, and I forgot the ears: I find Hyena ears ugly, but want big ears. :)

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY TRIBE OF BEARS (who are long dead, but their ears forever rein upon their descendants)! Bearyena Bears are my favorite gene!

4 hours ago, Veroni said:

I avoid wings unless I have a big population, because they do not help with feeding or gathering at all.

Actually, wings do help-- if they go on top of a tree, which nonwinged creatures can't do, they can collect nuts directly from the tree, even with no gathering or cracking ability. If they have strength, they an also swoop down on rabbils , killing them with one click of a button (the flight and the attack are combined into one Swoop button).

Um... from your strong reactions I assume that I had an unfortunate formulation there (not a native speaker). The question was which traits we disliked, so let me amend and just say I do not like bearyena ears. I do not think we can argue likes or dislikes. Someone else does not like gills, which I find absolutely adorable, HOW DARE YOU? 😜

Or maybe the bearyena ears just do not go well with gills?