Stray Fawn Community

Blast to the Past - Old Niche Playthrough

Goggles-kun

So, if any of you guys didn't know, when you right-click Niche on Steam and select "properties", you are allowed to go back to earlier versions of the game. I decided to go back to version 0.2.1., because that was my favorite version of the game. And I'll also be recording my playthrough in this thread, so without further ado...

Chapter One: New Beginnings

On a newly-formed island in the middle of the ocean, there lived two creatures. They named themselves Adam and Eve, because they apparently were fans of the Bible or something. They both had brilliant white coats, black eyes, and a wonderful will to populate the empty island... as all creatures want to do.

image.png.104503aac3ba644208d4e902c3c76704.png

So, they set off on their magical dream to have a family and not die! Their first child is one named Rotaro. He's fun, a little smug, but definitely willing to put his family before him.

Welcome to the world, Rotaro!

image.png.4af483520096dc662f81fd3976c22dd2.png

A day or so later, Adam and Eve have another child. He looks suspiciously similar to Rotaro, and since I forgot his name, welcome to the world Rotaro II!

image.thumb.png.2c8a25e0108777d68f7e58d2e6a847a1.png

A short while after Rotaro II was born, Adam noticed something was sprawling around in the bushes. He investigates and finds a cute little wanderer. "What's your name?" He asked. The little wanderer looked at him, and cowered back. Adam offered her five berries, and she reluctantly accepted them. Welcome to the tribe, Ramses!

image.png.eb071d01fb964b86d94e006b5c61fcb5.png

Eve already admires Ramses for her nimble hand, meaning they can get more food at a faster rate. She puts Ramses in a job where she collects berries every day, and was already excited how many berries they were getting.

image.png.a713053eb4e28da9a11da3045d4ee205.png

Rotaro, now a young juvenile, took notice of Ramses' excellent collecting abilities and tried to flirt with her. Though Ramses was way older than Rotaro, he savored every second he spent with her.

image.png.cdc3c0899acae6ad2b97509dcbc4d7d3.png

One day, Rotaro decided to invite Ramses to the shorelines. Even though Ramses was older now and had no real interest in those things anymore, she accepted and followed him to the shore.

"You're just as beautiful as the seashells in the ocean," he told her as Rotaro felt the waves lap up against his paws. "I know it, because you really are." Ramses felt warm. "That's very nice of you." They looked out into the endless ocean. Rotaro leaned against her shoulder. Though he was still just a kid, Ramses already loved him.

image.png.4ec6c635c19278110298892c7868792e.png

The next day, Eve wasn't so sure where her son and slave berry picker had run off to, but didn't think too much about it and had another child. Welcome to the world, Snowfall!

image.thumb.png.65110e50f1e8984fcae406de24cdf464.png

Back to Ramses and Rotaro, they secretly agree to run away and raise a family. Since I couldn't think of anything else creative for this scene, here's the picture that goes with it.

image.png.6502d476051d607cc0592ae6bd5f30ad.png

Secrets aren't secrets forever, and Ramses returns back to the camp pregnant with Rotaro's child. Though Eve was a little horrified at first, she brushed it off and took care of Snowfall. The next day Ramses had a child. Welcome to the world, Meko!

image.png.bd13ad6a19b2aeccbba5da267a250aa6.png

Out of nowhere, Eve sees something pop up from the bushes and decides to investigate. She gets closer and is surprised to see a tiny rabbil. Eve chases it around for a little bit, and is surprised to see more rabbils. Eve chases the closest one, and is, instead, surprised to see an unwanted guest instead...

image.png.7923dfd8ee84195ea2308f53400e04c8.png

TBA!

• Like 2

Chapter One: New Beginnings/Continue

Eve decides to attack the unwanted visitor, and Rotaro decides to attack them as well. To their surprise, the next day the challenger ran away from them. They both were confused; but neither of them decided to chase them down.

image.png.d6c88a17a05926c06d5d352ad4800b1d.png

Back to Ramses, she's quietly siting by the shoreline waiting for something interesting to do. Suddenly, she sees a shell. She uses her nimble paw to pick it up and break it open. "It tastes delicious!" She said, licking her lips. Ramses set out to find more shells to suit her appetite.

image.png.fe11d7aeed7a32653bd8771f6e308156.png

Meko-- Ramses' pure little daughter-- starts to get curious on where her momma went. "Where's mommy?" She asked everyone. Nobody seemed to know. Meko eventually gave up and tried to track down Ramses' scent. Since she was a little young, she kept getting lost, but eventually found her way.

image.png.9a7ea112c951b6b041f863b201a656dc.png

Meko found Ramses by the shore and sat next to her. "What are you doing mommy?" she asked. Ramses shook her fur. "I'm collecting these delicious shells. Wanna join?" Meko obliged and started to collect shells with her. She could, too, admit the shells tasted good.

image.png.ca3cc142d648403a412ad8744f53da08.png

Disappointed Adam and Eve only had one daughter, they try again for another daughter. Yet again, they have a son. Welcome to the world, Mistake Tanunu!

image.png.89a9e02569eb7167318e874bbd1971ef.png

• Like 1