Stray Fawn Community

Niche 0.2.1 playthrough

Larawolf

I've been playing on older versions lately just for fun, and I decided to make a playthrough when I saw how beautiful my starting Eve was. No rules for this, just playing the game as is and seeing where it takes me. 

I start with my Adam and my Eve. The two are in love, having left their old home behind to start a family on this small island. 

image.png.6cd88709d2bfda09b1510ed369854b63.png

Though Eve's genes are perfection, Two runners legs, perfect eyesight, normal hindlegs and a crown of horns, she is slightly worried by Adams genetics. His eyesight is a little hazy, and his missing paw could be passed down to some of their kids. Eve quietly prays to the gods that her children will receive good eyes and good hindlegs (mutation menu) Once she becomes pregnant, she prepares for her first child, staying in the nest to collect berries while Adam clears away nearby grasses. 

image.png.be6b08573197b9ea0af2618f944bf2b4.png

Their first child is born, a male with a missing paw. They decide to name him Dire, due to his wolf-like fur coloring. Eve immediately is worried about how his lack of paw will limit his life, but Adam reassures her that he will grow up fine. Within the next few days, they have another son, and then another. The older of the two is Tye, and the newborn is Light. Adam begins to worry about the lack of girls being born. 

image.png.93c5fcd7b0fcf009555c46bd2ee20a1d.png

Adams concerns are soon answered when a young female wanders into the camp. She's discovered by Dire and the two become quick friends. She introduces herself as Kolara. 

image.png.912cb70e8795c4a7e9a8cbc5239d9441.png

That same night, Eve births a daughter. They name her Cherry after her lovely red horns. But Adam still remains concerned, as he wanted to keep their bloodline pure, but no immunity genes match up among his children. He is also concerned that Dire has taken too much of a liking to Kolara. 

image.png.a51c6dde46e1bb83303246f6c44ecd44.png

Eve, hoping to finally have a child with proper immunity genes, gives birth to yet another daughter. At this point the food sources are dwindling, having more children could result in starvation. This new daughter is named Shimmer for her lovely grey pelt and shining horns 

image.png.f63fd284dd3e2cee84760b593c79f763.png

Still no luck, her immunity genes don't match anyones. Meanwhile, Adams fears have come true, Kolara is pregnant by one of his children, but to his surprise it is not Dire, but Tye. 

image.png.716f1abfe88d02c5b0872c7829aabc2d.png

On the same night, Eve and Kolara give birth. Kolara gives birth to the first cracker jaw child anyone on the island has ever seen, she as well possesses brilliantly blue eyes. Her name is Teagan, meaning Beauty. Eve also gives birth to her child, and rejoices to see her immunities match up to those of Dire. When little Speck grows to adulthood, the two will become partners and continue the tribe. 

image.png.e16e6dbe200ee843ba74c6608b78c9c0.pngimage.png.8d9ce193ff75894d0fe38dfd63f98ed2.png

Though the next day comes will a flood of problems for the clan. From the brush emerges a bear. 

image.png.c1b84fb83af704059a28649dae2646f7.png

Shimmer, stationed at the berry bush, is the first attacked. The bear takes two massive swipes at her with its claws. Light and Adam quickly rush to her aid, taking down the creature. Adam tends to Shimmers wounds and stops the bleeding, but it is clear that her lifespan has been drastically decreased. Eve is realizing this new island is not as safe as she once thought, What else might be lurking in the grasses? 

To be continued. 

• Like 6