Stray Fawn Community

Grey fur ​🐺

Lilytuft

I have grown to love the current pattern system again

One thing I miss about old niche colors is the variety of grey tones.

We had white (grey+grey), light grey (grey+black), dark grey (black+black), blue-grey (black+black, propably a glitch) and a pure black (melanism).

Now we have white, grey and black. We could have more variety, if a middle grey fur color was added. Mixing it with white or black would allow having light grey and dark grey coats.

For uses... I don't know. Not all fur colors add to camoflauge, but maybe this could allow hiding next to stones? Or maybe not. It's just an idea. I mainly want this for cosmetic reasons. I miss my blue-grey boy Kirnu from my first tribe. That color was pretty common, but Kirnu is the only invidual nicheling I remember with it. IT WAS AROUND THE TIME OF THE JUNGLE UPDATE AND I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE SRCEENSHOTS BACK THEN, OKAY?!

• Like 8

10 replies to this post

I came here to make this same suggestion! I decided to do a mock-up of how a gray fur gene and its combinations would look, they're not SUPER different than the fur colors we have already but I included the current Black + White nicheling color to show the difference. All of these are somewhere between the current Black + (Color) and White + (Color) variations. I think adding a mid-tone gray fur would be helpful to add some variety to the colors we already have, even if it's subtle! :)

Gray Fur Arrangement.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 4

33 minutes ago, Emeraldheart said:

I came here to make this same suggestion! I decided to do a mock-up of how a gray fur gene and its combinations would look, they're not SUPER different than the fur colors we have already but I included the current Black + White nicheling color to show the difference. All of these are somewhere between the current Black + (Color) and White + (Color) variations. I think adding a mid-tone gray fur would be helpful to add some variety to the colors we already have, even if it's subtle! :)

Gray Fur Arrangement.png

I don't know how you did this, but I love it. Thank you for contributing!

• Eek! 2

1 hour ago, Veroni said:

Like the idea of more colors.

I saw that there are bluish creatures in the trailer. Have there been blue creatures at some point, and have they been removed? Why not more fur colors in general?

With toxic body you can get blue nichelings. It would be fun to get some new fur colors!