Stray Fawn Community

What do you think of this strategy Jessimew uses?

moisole

I'm watching her Adam's Quest playthrough. Let me say first I think she's a great weaver of stories, and I'm enjoying the series a lot. This is NOT intended to dismiss her in any way.

What I'm curious here is what does everyone think about the strategy of deliberately going for what she calls (for story reasons) the shaman's curse. That would be a sick nicheling with double home immunity. I'm still relatively new with the game, but I don't see it worth the hassle of handling a sick nicheling. That is either risking shortening other nichelings' lifespan (especially if the "cursed" nicheling is female) or having to keep them alone, which is a bit awkward because the idea is you want to breed with them a lot.

The idea seems to be as a way of getting more births with home immunity so that the gene is not lost, which sounds good, but comes with the price described above of shortened lifespan or intensified micro. So, to people here with more experience, I ask: What do you think? Valid way of thinking, or cute trick, but ultimately not worth the hassle?

PS: I don't think I will use it, because for some reason it feels "gamey" to me. I know we do many other things that are gamey, but not really that much. Evolution means adapting to the environment. The only gamey part is that in Nicheling we can partially adapt to an environment before going there. But in any case, I'd like to know what people thinks.

PPS: I hope this is the right place for this kind of strategy discussions too. If not, please feel free to move it to the right place. :)

• Like 3

I think it is a great idea, especially story wise. Handling sick Nichelings really isn't that difficult (not even the females, you can have the male move in on the baby and the mother away = baby save and mother doesn't get anybody sick) and when you have a purrsnout Nicheling around sick Nichelings can live almost as long as normal Nichelings. Also I think it is very useful if you are indeed worried about loosing home island immunity but of course you run the risk of having it spread to much.

I think it is smart in a story way and in a gameplay with story and survival especially useful. So yeah as an experienced player I think it is a good and easy way to keep a desired immunity gene :)

• Like 4