Stray Fawn Community

Derp Snout

NublarRex

Hello, I am new to this game so pardon my ignorance. I dislike the frequency of derp snout animals on the islands. I know it's randomly generated, but I don't want my species to become hideous freaks. are there any not incesty ways to avoid this?

• Like 2

The mutation menu is one way.

And you can always just not breed with derp snout nichelings

Or you can learn to like derp snout since it can be useful in other ways.
It gives distasteful appearance, so predators will be detoured.

• Like 6

You can use console commands for a different snout. I'm used to the derp, but it did take some time. Playing related challenges is a thing, but we all have genes that are just... no. Yellow/black fur for me, so no judgement here.

Just remember to exit the game and restart it after messing with a creature's genetics. If you don't when their head size changes, the game will crash and -- possibly -- delete your savefile. Never happened to me, but some have lost a few saves to it. F1+ setgene on PC.

(Further points: Also unlocks ancient/bearyena genes when you give them to a creature and restart the game. Might give you unearned achievements on steam. Messing with spawn rates can result in giant, empty patches on some islands, but not on others. Messing with the weather might transport you some odd 1000 days into the future. Changing a creature's gender and letting them have children as both sexes always crashes the game. Rogue males can be impregnated, but not give birth. Making a creature "immortal"  with the age command (-999) will make them die in one hit and be eaten by bluebirds. )

Most issues should be fixed in the new update around February. Best wishes for a largely derp-snout free line!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The derp snouts have actually grown on me. They remind me a lot of hyenas.

Just use the mutation menu or don't invite derp snouted wanderers. Though if you're like me and have difficulty leaving wanderers alone, this can be easier said than done 😅

• Like 2

I don't mind derp snout. It's cute. Makes me think of some animals, or world's ugliest dog show, or characters like Crookedstar from Warriors. Though I do get frustrated sometimes when its the only head in the tribe at all. But I also like challenges like Ugly to Pretty (which is the eyes of the beholder). I do however dislike the one's called Rogue Male because I can't control what they can and cannot due in regards to my next generation efforts.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, Lilytuft said:

Hold on...

ARE YOU CALLING SLARM UGLY???

image.png.56f6f155cf8572034d612052db20ef26.png

Poor SLARM.

i literally only just realized that his name is an abbreviation x.x

Before that I kept asking myself, “what kind of a name is Slarm? What does it mean!”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

Poor SLARM.

i literally only just realized that his name is an abbreviation x.x

Before that I kept asking myself, “what kind of a name is Slarm? What does it mean!”

(Me and my laziness have created it. I was to lazy to type Slightly Less Annoying Rouge Male every time I was referring to SLARM)

• Like 2