Stray Fawn Community

Echolocation/ Ultrasonic gene

Zero

This suggestion is for an "Echolocation/ Ultrasonic" gene for either ears or snout to make Nichelings with low vision, i.e. shortsighted & blind ones more viable. A similar suggestion was already made, but i wanted to offer this one, as it poses a little different approach.

If the gene is active, it turn's "hearing" into "seeing" movement wise, meaning that the Nicheling with the active gene can move up its maximum hearing distance when in hearing-mode (currently 3 at minimum and up to 5 with big ears and blind eyes, provided it has enough speed of course). [Edit:] It could provide this range for all in the tribe, or could only be shared with all Nichelings also having the gene active, but not others. It could also make it possible to move through grass more freely, as they can "hear through it".

This can make shortsightedness & blindness viable, to some extend even "better" than seeing, while balancing it with the requirement of another gene-slot. Minor stat adjustments can be made for the gene as well. Also, "Bat-Nichelings"!

• Like 2

4 replies to this post

I'm not familiar with the Niche side, but if you can link me to a matching suggestion, I can merge them.

It's best to have the same ideas in the same subjects, because the devs use these as a metric to judge how popular a concept is.  Multiple topics generally split up the votes.  A single subject that gets everyone's attention is more likely to be well-rated, and the content of the comment threads can elaborate on specific implementations.

Nice idea, but theyre adding a bat head in the next update so I'm not sure if that'll maybe include something like this. A few of your suggestions have already been posted or have similar posts, you should probably have a look through what's already been suggested