Stray Fawn Community

Weapon randomization/favorites

NeverlostatBS

I'm not sure there's a difference between merchants, except some sell common, some sell rare.

For piloted drones, shotguns.  Towers and guided are too easy and cheaty, so I tend to eschew them.  With shotguns, I like to look for cluster bullets, and extra bullets.

For autonomous drones, I like straight guns with extra shots, cluster bullets.  They can get over landscape and provide the best offense against the exploders, pouring damage on even terrain-protected hives before getting close.  They're also highly effective at chewing up terrain without needing digging upgrades.  Lasers are great diggers,

Heat seeking is a plus on anything autonomous, but it's a rare upgrade.  Flamers are good diggers for autonomy, too, they're not as scattery as sparkers, and not as needle-thin as lasers, more likely to carve a swath than poke a hole.

Towers are useless on anything autonomous, so it can be a real bitch to equip an autonomous drone.

I had this bio-shotgun tower with a more projectiles upgrade, digging upgrade and mouse following missiles which fragmented on collision. That’s all you need to know.

if that isn’t enough, you know the mother hive? Now imagine that gone in > 2 seconds...

I had this bio-shotgun tower with a more projectiles upgrade, digging upgrade and mouse following missiles which fragmented on collision. That’s all you need to know.

if that isn’t enough, you know the mother hive? Now imagine that gone in > 2 seconds...

I like it - but I couldn't use it.  I love making smart, autonomous drones, and both being a tower, and being cursor-controlled would make it useless for that.  Heat-seeking is my preferred trait, and it's rare, and non-tower isn't too common. 

My ideal epic would be a third-tier gun (shotguns are too recoil-ey) with heat-seeking, cluster, and bounce.  I find that cluster can often stand in for a digging upgrade, it's great at chewing up terrain.

I like it - but I couldn't use it.  I love making smart, autonomous drones, and both being a tower, and being cursor-controlled would make it useless for that.  Heat-seeking is my preferred trait, and it's rare, and non-tower isn't too common. 

My ideal epic would be a third-tier gun (shotguns are too recoil-ey) with heat-seeking, cluster, and bounce.  I find that cluster can often stand in for a digging upgrade, it's great at chewing up terrain.

Eh, I don't blame you. I'd make more non-autonimous drones if heat seaking was better and if non-towers were less rare.

I think I figured out a weapon I need for my automated arena drone a 3 mod flame thrower with particle amount increase, particle life time increase, and particle speed increase. If anyone has those three on any type of thrower I would love it if you could share the drone file. PS the arena drone is autonomous after you move cursor to a 45 from vertical or horizontal so that it gets into a corner

all_purpose_v2.nimbatusdrone

arena.nimbatusdrone

I've not played with the weapons a whole bunch yet as I got something that really suits me near the beginning, and I used it to clear planets fast to I could reach the arms of the galaxy quick (I have a sneaking suspicion that the plants there are randomly more likely to be better - since they're harder to get to) - still testing.

The weapon I use is:

Mouse controlled

All instantly max range (actually go off screen if I point them up/down)

Increased digging power - like the ground is almost instantly gone

------

I put about 15 of them on a ship. Slap on some front facing static lasers to clear small pixels of dirt I miss, and some other weapon to hit the big drone colonies, a shield and I'm set. And a satellite for holding all my fuel/batteries so I can go quicker. :P (I honestly think the remote resource usage that allows for satellites should be removed from the game)

I've not played with the weapons a whole bunch yet as I got something that really suits me near the beginning, and I used it to clear planets fast to I could reach the arms of the galaxy quick (I have a sneaking suspicion that the plants there are randomly more likely to be better - since they're harder to get to) - still testing.

The weapon I use is:

Mouse controlled

All instantly max range (actually go off screen if I point them up/down)

Increased digging power - like the ground is almost instantly gone

------

I put about 15 of them on a ship. Slap on some front facing static lasers to clear small pixels of dirt I miss, and some other weapon to hit the big drone colonies, a shield and I'm set. And a satellite for holding all my fuel/batteries so I can go quicker. :P (I honestly think the remote resource usage that allows for satellites should be removed from the game)

I have found that yeah the satellites thing is broken but maybe if they added an item that used both fuel and electricity to transmit both fuel and electricity to the brain would be interesting and perhaps making it a late game unlock would also be balancing.