Stray Fawn Community

The Jungle Trees??

bostonlobstah

On 1/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, bostonlobstah said:

So um I am in the jungle for real for the first time

It's rainforest yay

doing ok so far. no apes. 

But wondering--there are different kinds of jungle trees--ones with big one-tile roots, trees with two-tile roots, ones with no roots, and short fat ones. Which ones spawn apes? Or do all of them spawn apes? Or each spawns a different kind of ape?

Also Can apes cross rivers?

@Philo you made the game. You should know which trees spawn the apes! XD

The big jungle trees. They look the same as normal jungle trees, so you don't see where the apes will spawn.
But if I remember correctly, there is an interaction with jungle trees (Shake?) and I think then the name of the tree is displayed.
This would be the only way to find out which trees spawn apes. Unless you observe an ape spawning in front of a tree that is xD

• Like 4

So if there is no "shake" action, then no apes will spawn?

YIPPEEEE

And one more question, we were testing this out but would like your input, what determines an Ape's behavior around water? Apparently apes sometimes cross rivers but not always?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Philo said:

@bostonlobstah Apes should not be able to cross rivers at all, since they don't have swimming ability.

why has an ape crossed a river before then??

I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE ON MY RAINFOREST it had a river going through it and the side I had was a mix of jungle and grassland with no trees.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello :)

It's been a while...

@PhiloThanks for fixing the Ape crossing rivers bug!

I did some testing by removing all jungle trees except for ape trees after the new update came out, and I have determined HOW TO TELL IF YOUR ISLAND WILL SPAWN APES/APE TREES!

- The ape tree will have NO roots!

- The ape tree will typically be on the edge of that patch of the jungle that has no/little grass. If the island does not have one of these empty patches, the chances of an ape seems lesser.

- There will be a shake interaction with the particular tree.

I restarted my Skittles 2.0 game several times in order to get an 'Ape Guaranteed' island. Once I generated an island with an empty patch, I kept it. And guess what! There was an ape!

Please share. Have your experiences been similar?

• Like 2