Stray Fawn Community

The Bad Boy Challenge

Kattails

So.... I wanted to do something weird, and I hadn't found anything like this in the forums or other google searches that encouraged bad breeding... I'm always caught up trying to make perfect genes, and so playing this was actually really refreshing. I had the change to stream this last Friday during the promotional sale on Steam, and I can't remember laughing so much. I hope you guys enjoy this, and I'd love to see your love-children or any suggestions you guys might have in regards to changing the rules or adding clauses etc to them.  ^^ ❤️ Kat 

Kat Tails presents: The Bad Boy Challenge

For

Niche: A Genetics Survival Game

Made specifically for Kat Tail’s first official Niche Steam Stream, the Bad Boy Challenge is meant to be humorous but still challenging for both n00b and pro players.

Focused on working around the (usually)useless traits that Rogue Males bring into the mix. In the past, these Bad Boys have been pests, crimes against the genepool, and precious females needed to be protected from them. But no longer!

Rebel against your better instincts and get with bad boy Kyle or dangerous Keith, Fabian the rake, and more unforgettable one-night stands! Your parents will never approve of these summer flings, but it just makes the romance all the sweeter. /endcringe

Enjoy the hilarity and see what amazing creatures you could create when whirlwind romances take over your nichelings and genetics alike.

Rules:

1. If a rogue male enters your territory at least one female must find him irresistible and breed with him.

2. The more aesthetically pleasing your nicheling is (subject to each person playing), the more likely they are predisposed to seeking out a rogue male and to breed with them.

3. If a rogue male is present, no other males may be bred with.

4. Because of rule 3, males under your control may kill rogues in order to win a chance at breeding, but you are not allowed to move your females before your males if you are trying to do so.

5. Males who land the KILLING BLOW on Rogues can be marked and deemed as an even “Badder-Boy”, able to breed with females even if there is a rogue in the territory.

6. If you have a female that is pregnant with a rogue male’s baby, then you do not have to breed another female with them this turn. That being said, the female must have her baby the following day or as soon as you are able to build a nest. No “holding it in”.

7. Since friendly bearyenas are a rarity they can be mated with even if a rogue is present.

8. If there are no rogue males present, you must seek out a tree stump for your females to call out on or leave the island as quickly as you are able. (Rogues do not usually appear on easy islands or breeding islands)

9. For added difficulty, start your game in a hard island or a killer island. Whale Island is also acceptable as the Rogue males tend to appear more frequently there.

***As a side note, I’ve scoured the internet for anything similar and haven’t seen any like this, so if you could, I would appreciate credit as well as a link to my YouTube channel.  Happy gaming! (this is also available in DOCx format if for some reason you need it????)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1pvJK0qHwfz35nWQ736pg?

The Bad Boy Challenge.docx

Also, here's a link to my playthrough of this challenge ❤️ *shameless plugin*

Edited by Kattails
including my official playthrough for the challenge <3
  • Like 11
  • Eek! 1

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

Whenever I read “bad boy” I just think of a creature wearing a leather jacket and waltzing down a bad neighborhood, with a hot creature next to him.

Yup! That's what I picture. like Danny from Grease XD

Bad Boy.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

22 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Wait... is the look of the rouge male whats 'more aesthetically pleasing'?

I was thinking more that if you reeeaaaallly like the female that was born into your tribe that you would intentionally ruin the genes for the sake of being frustrated XD 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

@Kattails babies always inherit one paw from each parent. The mother's mutations can't fight the nopaw and the rogues can't pass on two nopaws

6 hours ago, Kattails said:

@Lilytuft Hm.. I guess I never noticed that 8( It makes it a little harder to do this challenge then, lol I always thought that you could just fill the mutation menu and then they might have a chance at not birthing a nopaw baby. 

With the fact of the 'Badder Boy' it makes it more possible. After all, they most likely have a claw!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...