Stray Fawn Community

Long winter noth plorts

Soooooooooooooooooo….. How many days dose it take for the ice blocks to melt I've only been there for 47 days and the Ice hasn't melted am I doing something wrong I've heard that Adams quest has a few bugs in snowy lands the console has provided food because I've just sat here I really wanna go across and have nichlings with antenna so oof they are saying sunny -2 cold but no melted blocks dose all the snow on the ground need to melt cuz that hasn't happened...

• Like 1

They melted spontaneously for me. I don't recall how long it takes, but I don't remember if all the snow had to be gone first. I don't know if you can break them.

It was pretty quick for me but 47 days sounds about right.

For my non-story mode community challenge, it melted in about 10 days. But when I did it in story mode, the first one took about 130 and the second 75. Just be patient, and if your tribe runs out of food escape to the nearest port (I suggest whale island because you can get to the crossing from there) You will know that the ice has melted when you hear a cracking sound and the rabbits have spawned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the iceblocks melting can take it's sweet time. One report on steam said it took them over 200 days I think but Philo said that was a bug. They still melted in the end though so stay patient :)

• Thanks 1

i think the easiest way is to just play until the ice melts and not close the game, every time you close the game the weather patterns reset so you may be getting extremely unlucky with the weather always generating snow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

i think the easiest way is to just play until the ice melts and not close the game, every time you close the game the weather patterns reset so you may be getting extremely unlucky with the weather always generating snow.

OHHHHHHH MY HECC IS THAT WHY IN MY IMMORTAL TRIBE IT NEVER SNOWED ON ANY OF THE ISLANDS!!??!?!?

I was constantly leaving the game and coming back because console commands

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

OHHHHHHH MY HECC IS THAT WHY IN MY IMMORTAL TRIBE IT NEVER SNOWED ON ANY OF THE ISLANDS!!??!?!?

I was constantly leaving the game and coming back because console commands

probably???

the only time ive ever beaten story mode I non-stop played for about 13 hours (this is something I usually never do, but there was nothing else to do and it was the weekend so I committed and played 'till the end on one of my favourite story mode tribes) and I had zero problems with long winter, which is weird because nearly everyone else has ended up with problems.

so yeah, that would be why

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

probably???

the only time ive ever beaten story mode I non-stop played for about 13 hours (this is something I usually never do, but there was nothing else to do and it was the weekend so I committed and played 'till the end on one of my favourite story mode tribes) and I had zero problems with long winter, which is weird because nearly everyone else has ended up with problems.

so yeah, that would be why

13 hours!!?!?!?!??! I don't think I could survive that long X.x

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kitten said:

I wish it was like the jungle challenge where you need to navigate and find roots, I wish it was similar to that tbh.

or maybe just, survive 30 days or save all the prehistoric nichelings