Stray Fawn Community

Send Me Idea's

Renio2490

The Amazon challenge -- you can keep only one male around at all times. Try to let every female have one child and avoid breeding pairs. Setting a low creature limit and starting on harder island adds more challenge.

-- Randomize your starters with a generator. Don't give them any mutations, unless to "pull out" traits (recessive green eyes). Establish a successful line with possibly useless traits and send one creature to the next island. Repeat. (And maybe reset the food count).

Start on a difficult island with this gene configuration: (all genes dominant and recessive)

-- derpsnout + no paw

-- lean body and no horns (for zero strenght)

-- hemophilia and bad fertility (1+1)

-- mask, bright fur, any eye colour

-- Stinky tail or Tailfin

I recommend the deadly hills. All genes need to be unlocked and chosen by a random generator. Choose between 50 -100 food to start with, 70 is comfortable, 60 might mean some starving with bad luck. You also can't release creatures (but can kill them otherwise). Breeding with wanderers has to be unlocked. 

So if you manage to mutate claw + no paw, only no paw + any paw wanderers are available. Higher fertility and other Health genes are fine. I recommend this part to make it harder but not annoying. 

About the food, only invite wanderers to gather if you're running really, really low. The food count is meant to be a ticking time bomb. Whether you end up with speed, strenght or great gathering skills, you should be able to survive there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renio2490 said:

Can you explain the food part? I don't really understand

The last two challenges need a lot of console use. The general idea is to up the starting food, as starting with no paws and 20 pieces doesn't work well enough. It also needs all/most genes unlocked. Very set up heavy, in other words. But a lot of fun. It might not be worth it if it's too much effort or you don't like the console. 

There are comprehensive guides when you search the term. The dangers vary from person to person, but I've never had a major bug while others lost savefiles. Somewhere near the next month(s) all those issues should be fixed, so you might just want to wait until it's bug-free. Or browse the Steam site, most need little set-up.

12 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

I can use the console, I actually use it very often. I don't know how to unlock all the genes if that's what your saying. Is there a command for that?

Not yet, but they're planning to add it in the next update. Speedruns or using old files really are the only current methods :/. You could just skip the cold genes and start in the oasis (with heat body). Cheat in & unlock ancients/bearyena/round ears and it should work well enough.

1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

Maybe I should use that file I keep refusing to delete but I don't play... Sure. It has all the heat genes unlocked. I will also do that. So the only genes I won't have unlocked are the cold genes.

If you setgene a creature to have a gene that is unlocked having having a creature with it in your tribe (like the ancient genes), it will automatically unlock :D

My challenge - The Group Challenge!

1. For the first island, you pick a social group from animal life (Ex: A wolf pack, a herd of elephants, etc.)

2. Then you must try to breed your Nichelings to look like said social group using whatever genes available along with functioning like the chosen social group (this includes hierarchy, breeding, etc. Be as realistic as possible)

3. Once 2 is completed, you will move onto another island with as many creatures as possible.

4. On the new island, split the two up into the first social group and another of your choosing (or you can do a poll :) )

5. For the original social group from the first island, you can apply any challenge you want to them to make them more interesting, since you HAVE reached your goal with them. If you have unlocked additional genes that make them look more closely to their real life counterparts, then you can breed those in first.

6. Repeat 1-3, but then you must choose which one to move onto the next island. Once again, either choose yourself or do a poll. 

Also make up whatever rules needed for your group. Here's mine for horses:

For the horses, a female that is the least strongest out of all females will be the dominant mare. Their mate will be considered the highest-ranking male, but they will have little-to-no power. They will be herbivorous, and usually run away from danger unless young foals are at most 3 tiles close to them, or there is nowhere to run. Foals will be very adventurous, already taking up exploring and collecting ASAP