Stray Fawn Community

Speed Sensor

Parcevel

First I love the game I have had more fun in this demo than any game I have played in recent memory. I would like it how ever if the speed sensor only detected the speed of the object it is attached to. Right now it seems to detect the speed of the fastest moving part of your ship and if you have detachable parts with rockets and the like that makes it impossible to detect the different speeds of the different parts. You might have already addressed this somewhere else and if you did sorry to waste your time. Thanks for the awesome game!

The speed sensor determines the fastest part that is interlinked with it (going AWAY from the main drone part)

For my experiment I set the Speed limit of both to 53 m/s (copied and pasted for exact numbers)

here is the tests I ran: https://imgur.com/gallery/S7aUT

See the Order of Operations Test gif (2nd one):

• Red Sensors: Rotating sensor is linked from thrusters and to nothing else and being on the outside of the rotation it's going the quickest
  • Blue Sensors: Speed sensor is linked only to the main drone and nothing else - which speeds up slowly and activate later (pressing a different key to activatate)

Alternatively you can separate pieces with a NOT gate like in the NOT gate Test gif (1st one).

---------------------

So the game does have it, just takes some fiddling to get it down. :)