Stray Fawn Community

I'll be giving a talk about YOU

Philo

Hey folks ^^

I wanted to let you know that I will be giving a talk about you at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in March :D
To be more specific, the talk is about why forums are great place for community management of indie games.
I wasn't sure this is true when we started the forums a few months back, but you have proven that it definitely is!

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/game-discoverability-day-why-forums-can-be-great-for-indie-community-and-discoverability/864844

• Like 10

Hey, that's great to hear!  Do you mean why message forums are good for community management, as opposed to a subreddit or other settings, or just a platform for communication in general?  Do you intend to also focus on some of the drawbacks, particularly in large communities? 

They can be very demanding on developer time and attention, particularly for small teams.  Before Aaron sold off Domain of Heroes, I was an admin and moderator over there, and we had 15-20 people on board of varying degrees of access to the system, but only four people on the development team, and only one developer; it was a little crazy over there, and the dev team had to schedule time away from actually developing to keep up with the community.

• Like 2

I'm sure you have it under control.  But do let me know if you want me to take a look.  I don't know your history, of course, but it's possible I may have more experience with very contentious forums.  That, and I like to think that I have a half-decent way with words.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest SilverTheNicheling
33 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

1D821EF2-0AD3-4144-8CAD-5F145EF2BC38.thumb.jpeg.3bdd076f519ce3e62761c14e1f86bff4.jpeg

I’m actually going to cry that my art was featured

Hey! Congrats that your art was featured! They’re both really good ^^

21 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

That’s still good.

YOUR NAME WAS IN THE VIDEO

MINE WAS NOT

EVERYONE SAW UR AMAZING ART ;-; 

I just got shown on screen for talking about a game where you click a cookie. Nothing else. Not my proudest thing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

Haha.

let me correct you, trash.

Wait. wat? did you call your art trash or me trash? Neither are true ya know.

• Like 1