Stray Fawn Community

Snow days

Aether

As of January 30th 2019 I have heard that almost every school had been delayed or canceled.... but mine. We had an all schools mass that day but it was postponed and was the reason most people came... I came for the GeoBee (I didn't win but my friend did! I said if she did I would buy her niche or sims 3 (for warrior cat challenges!)) anyways did you go to school or get delayed?

• Like 2

My school got canceled today, tomorrow, and on Friday we have school improvement day so no school that day either. It was also really cold last friday so I stayed home, and I was sick for 2 days this week ( Sunday and Monday) and I was allowed to stay home yesterday so I didn't have to go to school right after I was sick. So, I'm going to have 10 days of in total by Sunday.

3 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Mine didn’t. We had a really nice day today, too. Heard a lot of schools on the East Coast were being cancelled by the polar vortex happening.

Lucky! we get snow but no snow days! It's just horrible

We've got snow for the first time in forever but it is not to high and not to cold. We had to have some serious stuff happening (like in bavaria and austria a few weeks back) to get snow cancelled. I on my part will probably stay home today to enjoy the snow :D (I mean I go to univerity so I get to decide for myself)

I live on the south coast of England

so its just really rainy and really cold all the time

and even when it does snow it never settles so its just like rain that takes a while to melt

the only exception was april last year when that whole snowstorm happened and it was the worst it's ever snowed since like 1960

and on the same year there was a heatwave where everything was hot

2 hours ago, Larouxia said:

I love snow, but it never snows in England anymore. :( It did snow last year however, and school was cancelled :D

2 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

and even when it does snow it never settles so its just like rain that takes a while to melt

the only exception was april last year when that whole snowstorm happened and it was the worst it's ever snowed since like 1960

Same where I live (in the west of Germany) usually snow never settles. We had snow for two days now which is cool but rare. When I was a child we still had a lot of snow... how times change. Every winter I wish for more snow but it usually never comes (I really really hope for it though). The last two days have been awesome!!!

• Like 1

Here in Finland, snow days are not a thing. Your house burried in snow? Just wake up earlier so you won't be late digging through!

Okay, I've never heard of anyone's house getting burried in snow, but it can still get pretty cold and wintery here. (-30 degrees celcius)

here in Texas, if we're lucky, once every few years we might get some snow. Rarely enough to even make the smallest snowman ever. I wish we had more snow tho :( we do get days off when the roads are icy. Last year there was an outbreak of lice, and we got like 3 days off. There was a paper pinned on the boards around the school that said in big words PANIC and when you get close you see the tiny word above-- 'Don't' xD 

4 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

so you know how like 4 hours ago I said it never snows and when it does it doesn't settle?

guess what happened

10 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

so you know how like 4 hours ago I said it never snows and when it does it doesn't settle?

guess what happened

(note this is in Fahrenheit) 

here, it's going to be cloudy with some rain, in the 50s-60s (degrees) and then Tuesday the sun comes out and we get 78 degrees like how can it possibly snow somewhere else

I looked up the highest temperature ever (any season) and last July it got to 11, which broke the record of 108, which was earlier that month. degrees. 

The last time the snow was 'recordable' in my city was in 2011 (2 1/2 inches) (as of something posted in 2017). It was supposed to snow a few weeks ago, but it never happened. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Renio2490 said:

Hah! All you people talkin' about no snow? You want snow? Come on down to Canada.

When I was younger I wanted to live in Canada one day due to all the snow but I settled on Norway/ Scandinavia now (it is closer and connected to my fields of study)